pcv valve? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > pcv valve?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM   #16
1SASjeepster
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Guys, I am not sure what you are talking about. There is no PCV on a 2.5 engine. None. On the front of the valve cover (driver's side) is a small brass fitting with a narrow hole. This orifice acts as the PCV valve. It plugs into the vacuum system leading to the intake manifold. It is in the second photo by Andywear. All of the filters and PCV valves in the other photos were "add ons" by previous owners (or current owners.) This orifice works the same way the PCV valve works on other vehicles. It is narrow because that is all that is needed to this particular job. Good luck with it. Take care.

1SASjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #17
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

ok, My manafold shows the firing order cast into it and also XJ. The first photo id the filter thing and you can see where it leads, the second one shows the pipe that the PCV was connected to and it goes into the carb on the bottom. If the manafold is actually from an XJ how do I find out what the heck engine I have? The only hose that goes to the air box is a small rubber hose and it goes to the top of carb cover.
0627112017a.jpg   0627112017.jpg  
JMAC90YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC90YJ View Post
ok, My manafold shows the firing order cast into it and also XJ. The first photo id the filter thing and you can see where it leads, the second one shows the pipe that the PCV was connected to and it goes into the carb on the bottom. If the manafold is actually from an XJ how do I find out what the heck engine I have? The only hose that goes to the air box is a small rubber hose and it goes to the top of carb cover.
The 2.5 is not carbed do you mean the throttle body

My 2.5 is the exact same and from what I can tell it is the stock motor. My manafold says XJ on it and has the firing order stamped into it. My 2.5 also has the PCV valve and the filter in the back. They changed the 2.5 to multi-port fuel injection in 1991 (check the FAQ) so that is why the guy above you does not have a PCV valve.

The reason I could not find the filter at an autoparts store is because I wanted the stock one that looked the same and had the hose to hook up to it.
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:12 AM   #19
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks,, Makes me feel better. I thought I had a bass-turd.
Unread 06-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #20
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys.

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #21
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Back to air filter box, The little hose on the top left of the box goes to the TB cover and the larger hose just hangs down, I think it is a drain hose? and there is a little hose comming off the back of the TB cover that just hangs down that the PO must have put a plug into.
0627111156.jpg  
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:30 AM   #22
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jmac- I want that jack bracket!!!!!

Unread 06-28-2011, 07:37 AM   #23
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

It's never been used or removed that I know of.
If I ever get rid of it, It's yours!
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #24
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Now that you have helped me time to poke fun.

Who shipped that battery to you I dont believe it was properly received in and I dont think that wire covering is going to hold up/be sturdy enough for the front grill. jus'sayin

Unread 06-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #25
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I put the p/s envelope there to keep a copy of my receipt for warranty! wire cover is holding my fog light wires out of the way, so I put some on the other side also. Thought it looked snazzy.
Unread 06-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #26
cvdenson
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Back to air filter box, The little hose on the top left of the box goes to the TB cover and the larger hose just hangs down, I think it is a drain hose? and there is a little hose comming off the back of the TB cover that just hangs down that the PO must have put a plug into.
I have an 89, 2.5L TBI just like yours. You'll notice on the back of the TB cover, there is a two-pronged male end plug. There are two hose (female end) that plug into this and are routed to the back of the air filter assembly. They don't just hang.
Unread 06-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #27
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I will take a couple more photos later, I only had one little hose coming out of the box, looks like I have some more investigating to do. This thing will run like a champ when I get this stuff fixed.
I called my dealership and they could not ID the air filter on the rear of valve cover.
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:52 PM   #28
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

The first photo shows the vacuum hose with plug and other one shows air filter box
0628111834.jpg   0628111833.jpg  
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #29
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I will take a couple more photos later, I only had one little hose coming out of the box, looks like I have some more investigating to do. This thing will run like a champ when I get this stuff fixed.
I called my dealership and they could not ID the air filter on the rear of valve cover.
It was called a crank case breather element. The parts guy should have a book with a picture of the 2.5 in it if you drive down there with the part. (or at least my dealership does)
Unread 06-28-2011, 08:06 PM   #30
JMAC90YJ

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I actually took the Jeep to the dealership after work.It is part of the emission controls part# 53002466. Tomorrow I will scan the drawing of the emission controls, it may help someone else,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.