Parts You Wish Were Made for Your YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Parts You Wish Were Made for Your YJ

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
Parts You Wish Were Made for Your YJ

Hi Guys,

I wanted to see what your ideas were on some parts that you wish were available for your YJ or other model jeeps. I will have some free time this winter to fabricate some goodies and figured I'd get some ideas from some members and possibly help some of you guys out. It seems like every time I get a new magazine from a jeep parts supplier there are less and less parts available for the YJ model. This is already very prevalent in the CJ community as some aftermarket options seem to be slimming down in availability.

With that said, toss some ideas at me and we'll see if we can get some things going

__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
Poke
runtime error = 0
 
Poke's Avatar
2015 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
Hi Guys,

I wanted to see what your ideas were on some parts that you wish were available for your YJ or other model jeeps. I will have some free time this winter to fabricate some goodies and figured I'd get some ideas from some members and possibly help some of you guys out. It seems like every time I get a new magazine from a jeep parts supplier there are less and less parts available for the YJ model. This is already very prevalent in the CJ community as some aftermarket options seem to be slimming down in availability.

With that said, toss some ideas at me and we'll see if we can get some things going
internal fuel pump delete kit
-hoses
-pump
-pump bracket
-wiring

external slave swap kit

hack & tap SYE kit

raised intake kit

kit that would mount the stock B & C pillars to the frame.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana
don't post threads that poke Poke!
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
internal fuel pump delete kit
-hoses
-pump
-pump bracket
-wiring

external slave swap kit

hack & tap SYE kit

raised intake kit

kit that would mount the stock B & C pillars to the frame.

some very good ideas there! I'm assuming you are talking for a 4.0 correct?

EDIT: If so, not that I suggest going with a newer model 4.0 intake manifold which is much better flowing and not terribly hard to adapt to the older style 4.0

I am looking into the other parts requests as we speak and will see what I can do.
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Matt The Hammer
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Westville, NJ
Posts: 980
CJ tailgate kits.

Personally I'd dig a hood mounted spare kit. Yeah, your sight would significantly hampered, but I'd like to try it.

World cab kits. Even a RHD conversion for those of us that are bored with driving on the left...





Machine gun mounting kits. What? I live in NJ.
__________________
2013 JKU
1995 YJ
Matt The Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
You must be really bored with that jeep! haha

Not sure If I could drive on the right hand side and have a 33x12.50 spare mounted on my hood.

The CJ tailgate kit is very feasible and I will begin to look into it.
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #6
Matt The Hammer
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Westville, NJ
Posts: 980
The hood mount would be for us running smaller tires still. I have 31s on factory TJ 7" wide rims.

RHD conversion is just a joke. Although I'd love to buy a RHD YJ....



Non fabrication part I'd like are those three color international tail lights that have the added amber blinker. An easy conversion kit...

__________________
2013 JKU
1995 YJ
Matt The Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
I do really like the gun mount idea, being a hunter myself I'd like to develop something that is secure and sturdy but keeps it out of sight as much as possible. Would you be more interested in a pistol or rifle mount? Any general idea where you'd like to mount it?
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
I do really like the gun mount idea, being a hunter myself I'd like to develop something that is secure and sturdy but keeps it out of sight as much as possible. Would you be more interested in a pistol or rifle mount? Any general idea where you'd like to mount it?
Roll bar mount to a picatinny female. I'd buy that...
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Roll bar mount to a picatinny female. I'd buy that...
Very cool idea! So you're saying something that wraps around the roll bar but has the male side picatinny (much like a scope or flashlight mount) and you would just slide the firearm onto the mount and then tighten?

Hmmmmm, you got me thinking....
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
Very cool idea! So you're saying something that wraps around the roll bar but has the male side picatinny (much like a scope or flashlight mount) and you would just slide the firearm onto the mount and then tighten?

Hmmmmm, you got me thinking....
Gotta add a ball swivel for elevation and add stops for left and right to about 100* of panning ability.

Think this thread would do better in wrangler GD
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Gotta add a ball swivel for elevation and add stops for left and right to about 100* of panning ability.

Think this thread would do better in wrangler GD
HAHA! you didn't mention that this mount was going to need the ability to aim and shoot from the jeep. I knew they had some wacky laws out in CA but I'd like to see how that one pans out for you haha. Maybe I should think about a disclaimer...?
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
HAHA! you didn't mention that this mount was going to need the ability to aim and shoot from the jeep. I knew they had some wacky laws out in CA but I'd like to see how that one pans out for you haha. Maybe I should think about a disclaimer...?
Our Bill of Rights is the same as your Bill of Rights. Its just that my state thinks that there's no need for the second amendment because we have the right to peacefully assemble. Banning firearms and promoting drug use. Since 1848.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Our Bill of Rights is the same as your Bill of Rights. Its just that my state thinks that there's no need for the second amendment because we have the right to peacefully assemble. Banning firearms and promoting drug use. Since 1848.


On a side note, I think the court challenges to the open carry ban will be interesting. Not much they can do but overturn it or make the entire state a "shall issue" for CCW's.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #14
WhyJayPA
Registered User
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Our Bill of Rights is the same as your Bill of Rights. Its just that my state thinks that there's no need for the second amendment because we have the right to peacefully assemble. Banning firearms and promoting drug use. Since 1848.
Yup. Sounds about right. But seriously, i'll look into that type of mount if you are serious about it. Minus the swivel aspect of course
__________________
"Keep your booger hook off of the bang switch"
'88 YJ SBC 350 w/ goodies, SM465 Transmission, Ford 8.8 Posi, NP231 w/ MegaShort SYE, 3.5" BDS Lift, 5/8" Boom Shackles, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, Supertop, TJ Flares, Bedlined, etc.
WhyJayPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #15
1993sahara
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: York, Pa
Posts: 615
Gun mount I am very interested in especially one for my carry pistol. It be nice to have a spot that can't be seen very easily from outside
__________________
93 Sahara 4.0, ax15, BDS 2 inch springs, MORE greasable 5/8hd shackles, Ford 8.8 rear, AA sye, Quigley cv shaft, 32" wrangler mtr with Kevlar
_____
/l ,[___],
l--L --[]lllll[]-

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
1993sahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.