Parts check: AX15 mounting hardware. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Parts check: AX15 mounting hardware.

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 05-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Parts check: AX15 mounting hardware.

It's been so long since I've dealt with the tranny mount hardware that I haven't a clue with what all I'm supposed to have.

A bunch of people have uploaded this diagram.

And I've been using that as a reference for the parts I need, since nobody has been able to give me a full parts list of what I need.

This is a picture of what I have so far.

So going off the diagram, it seems like I'm only missing a series of nuts and bolts, yes?

Sizes and what not on the nuts and bolts would be much appreciated if anybody has that info. This is one of the bigger things that is holding up my V8 swap right now.

EDIT: Ok so after looking closer, I don't think I'll need anybody to give me the sizes for nuts and washers. Looks like one of those "triangle shape goes into the triangle shape" deals at the local hardware store.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just my opinion, but I decided not to use the AX-15 mounting bracket (the big black piece). Its a really poor design, the weight of the transmission is displaced through that L bend to the skid plate bolts. I've heard of instances of them cracking. I used this adapter instead that keeps the weight going straight down:

http://www.advanceadapters.com/produ...-yj-wranglers/

Kinda too late for you since you have the parts already but I figured I would share anyways.
Unread 05-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Refer to my avatar...

With that being said, it's only 40 some bucks. Not that big a deal for me honestly. One thing I should also mention, I'll be driving my Jeep like it has a V8 in it as well. I'm beefing up the axles and drivetrain as much as I can, there's something fun about 4WD burnouts in the sand. Plus I live in the desert and there's a lot of opportunities to get airborne.

So that part you just referred me to, might help me out in the future. Every little bit helps when it comes to the way I treat my toys.

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:36 AM   #4
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

^ My thoughts exactly. I'm planning for a V8 swap somewhere down the road as well and just didn't want to have to worry about this part later on.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.