Parking Brake LED dash light not working - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Parking Brake LED dash light not working

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #76
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Did you try doing connecting the vacuum on the other port?

Unread 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #77
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I haven't done that yet because we've been having heavy rain all day. Hopefully, it'll let up tomorrow morning.
CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #78
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I did try to connect to the other port and when I tried to pull off the vac line, the port snapped right off. When I looked at the end of the vac line (that was connected to the port) there was a whole mess of rust inside. At this point, it's probably safe to assume the shift motor no longer works. I'll replace it at the beginning of next month when I get my check.
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #79
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC
I did try to connect to the other port and when I tried to pull off the vac line, the port snapped right off. When I looked at the end of the vac line (that was connected to the port) there was a whole mess of rust inside. At this point, it's probably safe to assume the shift motor no longer works. I'll replace it at the beginning of next month when I get my check.
Yeah probably. If you use your vacuum puller it'll tell you if it works or not. But at the point it's a wash. Not really any good if you can't connect a hose to it.

If you need 4x4 you can take the cad off and remove the circle clips that hold the shift fork in place. You slide the shift fork over to the left I believe and replace the e clips. Slide the collar in the axle over and reinstall the cad. That will lock the front shafts together giving you 4x4. You can do this permanently if you'd like. There are no adverse effects on tire or x case wear. TJs and some XJ's use solid shafts which do the same thing.
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #80
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I can drive on asphalt without it screwing things up? If so, then why have I always heard its bad to drive on dry surfaces (asphalt, concrete) with 4wd drive engaged?
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #81
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can drive on asphalt without it screwing things up? If so, then why have I always heard its bad to drive on dry surfaces (asphalt, concrete) with 4wd drive engaged?
That's only if the xcase is engaged. It's fine to drive in 2wd with the axle locked together like I mentioned. That's my bad. I always forget the details like that.

Xcase in 4wd with front shafts locked together on a no slip surface(asphalt, concrete) =NO

Xcase in 2wd with front shafts locked together on a no slip surface(asphalt, concrete) =OK
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #82
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

So I can just use the 4wd shifter like I would normally under no slip and slippery conditions. I would just lose the indicator light?
Unread 05-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #83
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I can just use the 4wd shifter like I would normally under no slip and slippery conditions. I would just lose the indicator light?
Yeah. With the fork locked over its always in 2wd like normal and when you hit the trails you just pull the 4wd shifter and you're off the the races. You will lose the shifter but I'll link you a thread by Anticanman who uses a TJ switch which replaces the one on the tcase that will give you a dash light.

Edit: Here you go
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...80/?highlight=

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.