parking brake cable adjuster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > parking brake cable adjuster

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
acat
1990 YJ Wrangler 

parking brake cable adjuster

anyone got a link to a pic or schematic of how the parking brake cables go together on a yj. I need to know how the metal bracket pieces go together that tie the single main cable to the rear individual cables. Located by the drivers side frame rail in front of rear tire.
thanks

acat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Im not for sure what you want but I took a picture of where the two cables tie togeather with one. Sorry the picture isnt to good but its real dark out there.
picture-002.jpg  
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #3
acat
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the pic. I think I figured out whats going on. Ive got the equalizer and cable adjuster but my main cable from the pedal wont hook into it. Instead of having a solid anchor (or whatever you'd call it) on the end it has a threaded rod. No way to get it to hook into the brake adjustment linkage. I ordered it years ago and never ended up finishing hooking it all up. It looks like its the cable used on 87-89 yjs. What stinks is that I'm sure I can't return it and I remember it being pretty expensive. Im thinking of bolting this threaded rod right into the equalizer and not using the other part of the adjuster mechanism. Any reason why this shouldn't work for me. Anyone got a pic of a pre 90 YJ ebrake setup at the adjuster. Maybe they used a different style adjuster that I could pick up.
acat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.