Pacesetter Header for 2.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Pacesetter Header for 2.5

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
1995Moneypit
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pacesetter Header for 2.5

I recently purchased a Pacesetter Header from a local shop for my 1995 YJ with 2.5. I didn't want to go with a stock manifold--seems like they all end up warping and shearing bolt heads (just like the one in my heap now). As I was browsing through past threads, I saw a LOT of bad reviews on this header. I didn't have the money to shell out on a Borla, etc. and thought that this would be a decent alternative to the stock manifold. However, I'm more concerned about the quality and, even more importantly, if this is going to be a poor fit and give me installation problems.

Does anyone have any past experience with this product? Give it to me straight...

1995Moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I think it will work fine. I looked into this header as well when considering this idea. I think when you do get it installed, just try to make the fitment into the back of the header an easy one. You just don't want to have to press the exhaust pipe real hard into place just to make it fit. You want the pipe to rest in the header with minimal pressure from any direction. So, that is where hangers, allignment, all play an important role here. I would not have a problem at all putting one on mine if that's what I wanted. I know what you are saying though, I have a couple of sheared bolts on the head myself. If it developes some type of problem, just run a nice weld over it. For the money, I don't where you are going to find a better deal, other than finding another stock manifold.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
bob082484
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought this header from 4wd 2 years ago and its been the biggest pain in the a$$ ever! The weakest point on the header is the flange which is only a 2 bolt which likes to warp and not seal correctly after 6 months. then mine is also cracked in about 3 places. I took it to an exhaust shop to get that dang flange cut off and sleeved and weld up the cracks. the only one they couldn't weld was the one in between all of the pipes were they go into the collector. I bought it with the same idea that you had, a cheap alternative and "upgrade" from the original manifold. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
bob082484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
1995Moneypit
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob082484 View Post
I bought this header from 4wd 2 years ago and its been the biggest pain in the a$$ ever! The weakest point on the header is the flange which is only a 2 bolt which likes to warp and not seal correctly after 6 months. then mine is also cracked in about 3 places. I took it to an exhaust shop to get that dang flange cut off and sleeved and weld up the cracks. the only one they couldn't weld was the one in between all of the pipes were they go into the collector. I bought it with the same idea that you had, a cheap alternative and "upgrade" from the original manifold. Hope it works out better for you than it did for me.
I haven't installed it yet. I'm strongly considering taking it back now. How did installation go? Did it go together OK? I've read a few posts stating that they didn't fit well at all.

Guess that's what I get for buying something without checking with the real experts on the Forum.
1995Moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had one on my TJ and at the ballflange it would never have a good seal, and it cracked at the collector I replaced it with Borla

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.