oxygen sensor question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > oxygen sensor question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #16
metalroses
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
If I am understanding you, the Jeep has an unsteady idle where its shifting up and downn RPM constantly and a stall as well? I know you said you check for a vacuum leak, did you check with starter fluid or brake cleaner. Could you have a problem with the carb? How long after you did the Nutter and team Rush mods did you start to have the problem?
ive started to have this problem since ive changed the o2 sensor, oh wait i installed a new diagraphm accelerator pump..... but i don't think this is the problem. starter fluid? i dont think that should be the problem since this happened afer ive changed de sensor.

metalroses is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #17
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i installed a new diaphram accelerator pump..... but i don't think this is the problem.
You installed the accelerator pump plunger in the carb? If it just stalls out when idling down the idle tubes are clogged. Carters have issues with the idle tubes and any disturbance in the fuel system can clog the tubes up. tiny bit of rust, dirt,anything get up into the tubes and then you have no idle.>http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/idle.htm
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #18
metalroses
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
You installed the accelerator pump plunger in the carb? If it just stalls out when idling down the idle tubes are clogged. Carters have issues with the idle tubes and any disturbance in the fuel system can clog the tubes up. tiny bit of rust, dirt,anything get up into the tubes and then you have no idle.>http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/idle.htm
ok i have the mc2100 carb and after the new acc pump the jeep was good but i changed it because it was stalling when i accelerated fast. but ill chek that cause it can be applied too for this carb
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #19
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It makes more sense. The starter fluid or brake cleaner can be sprayed lightly around the engine compartment to look for a change in idle from a vacuum leak.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
metalroses
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ive did everything and nothing! im so lucky with this carb engine haahah!
Unread 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #21
metalroses
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
the idle tubes of the mc2100 are inside the buster venturi?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.