OX Locker Cable length? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OX Locker Cable length?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-08-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

OX Locker Cable length?

How long is your OX locker cable (from your rear axle)? Where is the shifter mounted? With a 4" lift I would like the cable to end up in front of the manual shift levers. What length would be appropriate? Thanks.

brinoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

New internet technology aside, yer gonna have to do this one the old-fashioned hard way... get out your tape measure and...measure
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've gotta a narrow "ball park", but the cable is available in lengths that vary by mere inches, so I was just looking for experiences.
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:33 AM   #4
goatboy
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, there are just too many variables inherent in this situation to be able for us who aren't there with you to really give you a valid answer...in my opinion...especially given the clarification you provided...I'd measure a little long were I you just to make sure, but it is possible that you will be returning a cable and trading it for another...just take your time when you measure!
goatboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
LOCKED UP
Senior Web Wheeler

2006 XK Commander 

I can't tell you how long you would need them for that, but I can tell you mine are 78" & 84". I can't remember which is which but here is where they mount:

If I were to redo it, I'd probably get to 84" cables so they would be right next to each other.

98 XJ
LOCKED UP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
brinoff

1993 YJ Wrangler 

That's where I was thinking about placing them! Looks good thanks!
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
sgrim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinoff
That's where I was thinking about placing them! Looks good thanks!

Me too until I realized I had to open the door to get my arm down there to reach the locker shifter...I'm lazy. I've decided I'm going to mount mine right behind the transmission shifter.
American Racing Diamond Back 15x8" rims
1.25" JKS Body Lift and 1" JKS Budget Motor Mount Lift
4.10 Gears with Alloy USA Grande 35 w/ OX Locker
sgrim80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.