Orlando, FL Trails - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Orlando, FL Trails

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
WhoNeedsPavedRd
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Orlando, FL Trails

I siriously can not find any trails close to where i live im starting to think orlando just blows from where i live to the closest trail which im guessing would be ocala is 45min to an hour. does anybody know of any trials in the orlando area does not have to be challenging at all something to get her muddy.

Please help hah

Unread 08-27-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
dieselmopar
1990 YJ Wrangler 

hey man im with you i live in west palm and there is no place to go, well legally that is. i fell like a kid again hitting a water puddle on a dirt road just to get her dirty these days.
dieselmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Levinz11
1991 YJ Wrangler 

There is a nice lil spot right in my back yard. Hwy 27 and Student Rd. Google it. I'm out there all the time. You can def. get her dirty there.
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
tigerpaw580
1977 CJ4 

Nowhere to go

Try heading up to Levy County on a day trip, there are plenty of great places where you may not see anybody at all for miles.
tigerpaw580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Try the guys over at the Orlando Jeep Club. Orlando Jeep Club - Central Florida Club for Jeep Owners
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
WhoNeedsPavedRd
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7YJ View Post
Try the guys over at the Orlando Jeep Club. Orlando Jeep Club - Central Florida Club for Jeep Owners
I am in the orlando Jeep club i was going to sonic wenesday but i had to scrub it due to some other plans i was going to ask about that and still ojc i think mostly goes to ocala if im not mistaken.

I used to get her dirty but some puddles across two new hotels it was just dirt road and some deep puddles but i got dirty funnest part was riding back and getting the people tailgating me all muddy because my tires were just spitting out mud.. Good times
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

For all us Florida Jeepers, my friends & I are trying to plan a wheeling/camping trip to the Ocala National Forest during October 9-12 (Fri-Mon.) so if you're interested let me know & I'll keep you updated.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
For all us Florida Jeepers, my friends & I are trying to plan a wheeling/camping trip to the Ocala National Forest during October 9-12 (Fri-Mon.) so if you're interested let me know & I'll keep you updated.

Max
Too bad you've picked those dates because I'll be in california. Otherwise I would love to go! Maybe next time...
2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle (sunroof and 1904cc motor)
1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle (wolfsburg edition)
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmerrill View Post
Too bad you've picked those dates because I'll be in california. Otherwise I would love to go! Maybe next time...
Well I have an unpaid "furlough" day off on Monday the 12th, and I need to burn some vacation days so I plan on taking the previous Friday off.

If anything changes I'll let you know!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #10
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinz11 View Post
There is a nice lil spot right in my back yard. Hwy 27 and Student Rd. Google it. I'm out there all the time. You can def. get her dirty there.
I googled it but mostly saw links about saving turtles? You got a few more details?

Thanks.
OSYJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #11
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone ever go wheelin over in hernando off of HWY 41 just north of where 41 and 200 intersect? I know years ago it used to be an awesome place to to ride quads & dirtbikes. The last time I was there was about a year or so ago. There are huge sand hills and deep pits in this area which some I'm not sure I would drive down in cause the only way I would get back out is to winch but, Just figured I would ask. Some buds of mine are tryin to get me to take my 2 wheeler over there soon to ride. I guess I'll find out if it's shut down or not.
Unread 08-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #12
RandyYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hardrock cycle park has enough fun for about a half a day.

HardrockMX.com

It's also in Ocala, though.
RandyYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #13
fyrdriver
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Max,
Shoot me a PM if you decide to go. I'll see how the vacation calendar looks at that time. I was at Hardrock last weekend and only got a little time in the Ocala NF and would like to check it out a little more(when it cools down).
Hopefully I can scrounge up a couple of the W. Palm guys to go too.

http://groups.jeepforum.com/Firefighters_Jeep_Club
fyrdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #14
Levinz11
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSYJ93 View Post
I googled it but mostly saw links about saving turtles? You got a few more details?

Thanks.
Google Four Corners Charter School, Davenport, FL. In the overheads you will see a wooded area east of Hwy 27 and some trails through those woods.
Unread 08-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #15
OSYJ93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinz11 View Post
Google Four Corners Charter School, Davenport, FL. In the overheads you will see a wooded area east of Hwy 27 and some trails through those woods.
Yeah ok cool. I checked it and see what your talking about. OP should take a drive over there and check it. I'm up around Ocala so I'm not in need of wheelin spots so much but, thanks for the tip.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.