Ordering lift goodies, a little guidance needed. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ordering lift goodies, a little guidance needed.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
n2deer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ordering lift goodies, a little guidance needed.

Been reading through the forum for awhile and finally decided to order some parts.

I plan to order the four 36R springs
1 inch daystar body lift
MORE 5/8 inch shackles
and 4 bilstien 5100 shocks

Any thing else I should order? I suppose new bushings for the shocks as well as some new u bolts?

I have a ford 8.8 sitting in the garage as well to do later. Perhaps I should just get everything and do at once as well as the SYE?

What say you?

n2deer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, all at once.

Yes, new ubolts
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
johnboy68
HIP2BSQR

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2deer View Post
I have a ford 8.8 sitting in the garage as well to do later. Perhaps I should just get everything and do at once as well as the SYE?

What say you?
^This

Might want to address your break lines and maybe your steering with a drop pitman arm. Someone else with a similar setup could let you know if you need the DPA.

I'm in the process of gathering axles, springs, shocks, etc... so I can do it all at once. They key is to take your time and do it right once the first time. It sure is hard to resist the temptation start before you have everything.

johnboy68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would go ahead and replace the spring eye bolts, and would also swap in a new set of bushings as well.

Might as well go ahead and do the SYE and 8.8 while you're there, but not until after you get the new springs in place. The springs give you a little more room to pull the transfer case, and you can go ahead and set your pinion angle on the 8.8 once the SYE is in place. I know a lot of people replace the u-bolts, but I've had no issues reusing the factory 8.8 bolts on the few I've done.

I did all of mine at the same time, the lift, SYE, and 8.8 install. Just make sure the transfer case is bolted in with the skid plate and make sure the rear springs are under a load before you set your pinion angle and measure for your DC driveshaft.
jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
n2deer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that adds some more thought into it.

First time doing a lot of this stuff, looking forward to it.
n2deer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

New ubolts are recommended. The SYE and driveshaft aren't a bad idea either. The brake lines can be relocated for free if you wish. The boomerang shackles are cheaper from ground pounder fab. And make sure you save the inner steel bushings from your current springs. You'll need them for the OME lift.

And you don't need a dpa.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.