Ordering Individual OME lift Springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Ordering Individual OME lift Springs

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 06-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #1
misbehavin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ordering Individual OME lift Springs

Ive been doing a lot of reading over the last few days in preparation for buying my lift parts. And in all that reading i keep seeing people recommending the OME HD springs for front and rear, im a little confused because i dont see any rear HD springs listed, just light and medium duty. I read in one spot that the HD fronts can be used in the rear, is that what everyone is talking about. Just want to double check before i order everything because returning a set of springs wont be very cheap.

And for anyone who has ordered single OME springs, im seeing that they dont come with bushings, is that right, i dont really trust Quadratec's Customer service department that much.

Also as much as i dislike ordering from then Quadratec has the best prices on most of this stuff, does anyone know if there are any deals going on anywhere else for OME or bilstein or MORE parts.

Im planning on going with...
2.5" OME Springs (HD PN - CS014F)
Bilstein 5100 Shocks
MORE 3/8" or 5/8" HD greasable Shackles
Daystar Greasable Main Eye Bushings
U-bolts, centering pins, blah blah blah

Thanks,
-Brandon

Unread 06-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

cs036r are the heavy duty 5 leaf pack springs
GottaYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 12:23 AM   #3
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaYJ View Post
cs036r are the heavy duty 5 leaf pack springs
From what people have said the 036r are indeed the heavy duty 5 leaf pack, that are arched an extra inch. The 037r's are also a 5 leaf pack. I am going to go with the 36r's when I order them individually. People have said they work fantastically even without loads like a top or people and extra gear.

If you ever plan on going SOA get the 036rs off the bat. I think it was Giggity who had to change out his front 014's for 36's because they started to sag. People do run all four 14's and they should do really well SUA
Michaelgoesrawr is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 05:20 AM   #4
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check out 4x4connection.com. I got a lot of my OME parts from them, including front springs.

I went with the 014's up front for ride quality. I drive mine to the Outer Banks a couple times a year and don't have a winch or heavy accessories. If you add them in the future, OME has an add a leaf for short money.

I got my rear springs from a fellow member here. New never installed 037's. Because I often load up the back with tools, luggage etc. I installed the add a leafs to bring the rating up to the 036 springs.

Couldn't be happier with my setup or with customer service at ARB - the OME guys. I pieced together everything for my lift and saved well over $500 rather than buying a kit.

One Jeep is Never Enough
copleydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
GJeepFan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what the others have said is correct. If you want the "HD" springs, go with the 36r's on all 4 corners.

I just bought the kit from quadratec and am glad I did b/c I needed the T-case drop b/c I had fairly significant vibration in the rear diff/driveshaft after I installed my lift...but.....WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!!! I reccomend the OME springs.......the HD kit I bought has 36R's rear, 14's up front. I am SUA and don't plan on going SOA, so I am good to go.......the factory springs have 4 leafs in them, the 14's have 4, 36's have 5.

The kit also comes with all necessary spring and shackle bushings (VERY good quality) and 4 OME shocks. I bought the reccomended Rancho U-bolt kit and am very glad I did (had to cut one off with my torch)

Good luck! It's an involved project, just take your time and follow the torque specs you get with the Rancho U-bolts.

I'm on my way this morning in a few minutes to get some Firestone Destination A/T's (31's) that will complete the project formally (and state inspection).
GJeepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #6
SpideYJeep
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you have a 4WD or 4WPW nearby, shipping to the store is free and you just pick up from them. check out 4wd.com
Prices are comparable to Qtec, usually a bit higher, but you save on shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJake View Post
My YJ is so excited it's leaking oil!
SpideYJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #7
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideYJeep
If you have a 4WD or 4WPW nearby, shipping to the store is free and you just pick up from them. check out 4wd.com
Prices are comparable to Qtec, usually a bit higher, but you save on shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
This. If you can, do it. The prices for the springs are only a few dollars anyway. You be saving a lot. I plan on ordering through them and driving the 45 min to get them.
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:42 AM   #8
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered from www.hotjeepparts.com. I got the 14s up front and the 36s rear. They were cheaper than Quadratec but they shipped with a Quadratec packing list so they must be a distributor. I ordered all four springs, four sets of OME poly bushings and degree shims and it came to $453 shipped.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Someone posted in another thread they were able to order the 36R springs with an extra leaf in the packs. Seems like a good thing to me, might want to check into that.
Unread 06-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #10
misbehavin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good deal guys thanks for the input, ordering everything tomorrow and hopefully will get everything in for next weekend. Definitely cleared up the part number mix up problem is was having!

Im going to order the 36R's all around, and with all greasable bushings and my shiny new bilsteins should be smooth riding!

Want to get the jeep wrapped up and ready to go for Silver Lake this summer! Only 30 days till the 4th!
Unread 06-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #11
misbehavin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Okay have two more questions,

Do these springs come with the degree shims on them?

And is it recommended to buy new centering pins or could i reuse the old ones or make new ones?

If i make some new ones what diameter bolts do i need?

-Brandon
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #12
dtn8tr
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

They have small shims(maybe 2 degrees) on them. The springs have a centering pin in them.

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.