optima battery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > optima battery

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-28-2002, 11:55 AM   #1
Jeepguy3401

optima battery

I just replaced my junky old battery with an optima red top. The battery holder isn't quite wide enough for the battery. Is there any way to secure your battery short of a bungee? The holder works all right to hold it down just can't tighten it down all the way, so the battery is a tad loose, not enough to rattle or bounce though. Is it even worth messing with the thing since it doesn't rattle or bounce? Thanks.

'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2002, 03:25 PM   #2
Skeeter

Although that is a sealed battery I would stop it from bouncing around. I have the same battery in my YJ and it went right in with no problems. You can bye a new holder for the battery or bye shorter J clamps to hold it down. Try marine supply stores. They usually have heavy duty battery trays or clamps that will work with your setup. Hope that helps ya
Skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2002, 11:23 AM   #3
Jeepguy3401

Thanks, I'll try that. By the way, I got the new battery and a new flywheel kit installed, and now it runs like a beast! Now, if I could just get some newpiston rings in there......
'87 YJ,4.2L 6cyl(rebuilding someday) On 33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws, (unlifted, but big lift in store, when I get some $$$)upgraded clutch and brakes, broken loud stereo.(Can't imagine how that....COUGH!..WATER....happened. Haven't used a top doors or windshield in uh,.....hmm.... since midwinter? That sounds right.
Jeepguy3401 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.