Opinions wanted: Need help deciding on a lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-05-2001, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
jobob

Opinions wanted: Need help deciding on a lift

Okay, I am at a dilemna. I am planning to lift my 90 yj. I thought I had decided on the RE 4.5" extreme duty, It seemed to be the most complete kit for a SU configuration. Then I happened to find a 5" kit from Full-Traction Suspension, which is actually 3" springs and a 2" shackle reversal lift. It also seems to be complete, and the price is only a few dollars more than the RE kit. So my question is for opinions regarding my application. Which do you think would be better? My jeep is a daily driver, and I hope to attend a good trail ride at least once a month. I am planning on 33" tires.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Thanks for the help.

jobob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-05-2001, 12:38 PM
rayray

Personally, I would stick to the RE kit. Also, keep in mind the issues with a SRS kit. First, a 2" lift sounds a bit high. Also, that's 2"'s to the front. You still have to level out the rear. Additionally, when you do a SRS, you change the articulation angle. No longer does the axle travle up and down, it moves at an angle that loves to eat your fender wells. Now, in defense of SRS (I use them), they do reduce the amount of shock that travles through the rig. Which results in a lot less wheel hop. So, you take the good with the bad. The fender problem is nothing a little metal trimming won't fix.

For your application, I would still go with the RE kit.

Earth First! We can wheel the other planets later

rayray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.