Opinions wanted: Need help deciding on a lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions wanted: Need help deciding on a lift

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 06-05-2001, 12:59 PM   #1
jobob

Opinions wanted: Need help deciding on a lift

Okay, I am at a dilemna. I am planning to lift my 90 yj. I thought I had decided on the RE 4.5" extreme duty, It seemed to be the most complete kit for a SU configuration. Then I happened to find a 5" kit from Full-Traction Suspension, which is actually 3" springs and a 2" shackle reversal lift. It also seems to be complete, and the price is only a few dollars more than the RE kit. So my question is for opinions regarding my application. Which do you think would be better? My jeep is a daily driver, and I hope to attend a good trail ride at least once a month. I am planning on 33" tires.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Thanks for the help.

Unread 06-05-2001, 01:38 PM   #2
rayray

Personally, I would stick to the RE kit. Also, keep in mind the issues with a SRS kit. First, a 2" lift sounds a bit high. Also, that's 2"'s to the front. You still have to level out the rear. Additionally, when you do a SRS, you change the articulation angle. No longer does the axle travle up and down, it moves at an angle that loves to eat your fender wells. Now, in defense of SRS (I use them), they do reduce the amount of shock that travles through the rig. Which results in a lot less wheel hop. So, you take the good with the bad. The fender problem is nothing a little metal trimming won't fix.

For your application, I would still go with the RE kit.

rayray
rayray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.