Opinions on these springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Opinions on these springs

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 12-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Hanger18
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Opinions on these springs

I need to replace the damaged front springs on my '92. Since I want to lift the rig it would be stupid to replace with stock ones. This is my daily driver I put 150-200 miles or less on a week usually. Rig would see light off road use, occasional mudding & access road use for hunting. I occasionally tow a 14' aluminum fishing/hunting boat or a small utility trailer for house /yard maint. I plan to put 31x10.5 Kenda Kleevers on 15x8 rims.

These are the springs I am leaning towards. I would use 1/2" shackles with these ones.
Front http://www.quadratec.com/products/16203_020.htm
rear http://www.quadratec.com/products/16203_021.htm
Opinions on ride, propensity to sag, overall quality?

My budget for springs/tires/rims is $1000 so by buying used rims & these springs I should get it done and have enough left over for a tank of gas and dinner with the wife.
Thanks for the input.

Forgot to add it's a '92 with a 4.0 and 5speed hardtop & full doors and otherwise bone stock for now.

Hanger18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

If that is all the lift you want, I would pony up a couple extra bucks and go for the Old Man Emu, only twenty bucks more....I run RE 4", but have heard nothing but good about OME. I would also replace all the bushings and get the Bilstein 5100s, I do run them and highly recommend them.

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

OME or Rubicon express. spend the extra $$
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have the ome. Found them used from a cj guy who had done a yj conversion and then decided he wanted 4" instead of 2.5". Got springs and shocks for 500. Check all the forums and you can probably get some like I did.
Unread 12-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Or check craigslist, just make sure to inspect everything. I bought used springs and broke one of the rears the first time I went wheeling.

BDS has a lifetime warranty if you're the original purchaser, not sure about OME.
Steve707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #6
racerkid
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Say someone gets the 2.5 OME, what other modifications would have to be done to make eveything right? Like steering wise..
racerkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #7
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkid
Say someone gets the 2.5 OME, what other modifications would have to be done to make eveything right? Like steering wise..
Each jeep is different. I ran with my worn out(already taking a dump) tierod and draglink for a year before I got fed up with it, just get a sye, and the free brake line extension is always good

DISCLAIMER: YOUR ACTIONS ARE CURRENTLY BEING MONITORED.
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.