Opinions on This Rad? 1995 YJ 2.5 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
taylor797
2004 WJ 

Opinions on This Rad? 1995 YJ 2.5

My rad is on its way out and I'm looking at replacing it with something better than stock. Does this one look good? Seems like a good price with the fan, would you think it would be enough to get rid of the stock fan and wire this one in? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ROW-FULL-A...25bb22&vxp=mtr

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 03:54 PM
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor797 View Post
My rad is on its way out and I'm looking at replacing it with something better than stock. Does this one look good? Seems like a good price with the fan, would you think it would be enough to get rid of the stock fan and wire this one in? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-ROW-FULL-A...25bb22&vxp=mtr

Thanks in advance
You can buy it but it would be a step down from stock.

Most folks think the multi core (or row) aluminum radiators are the so much better then stock.

How many years did your stock one last ? Did you know that the stock fan and clutch pushes with the shroud flows over 4000 CFM ?

The one you show has a 2300 or so CFM fan that only covers a small p[portion of the radiator. Leaving a good percentage untouched to pull air through.

Take your stock factory radiator to a shop and have it cleaned and rebuilt. Freshen up the fan clutch if need be. Then drive it for another 20 years.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 05:31 PM
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

rather than the one on E-bay, I'd suggest one of these.... http://www.championradiators.com/jee...radiator-87-06

and head to a junk yard and get yourself a fan from a Taurus, Thunderbird, Mark VII/VIII or Volvo.... those (well, at least the Ford ones) the built-in shroud is just about an exact fit for the YJ rad.

Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
swap/build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
taylor797
2004 WJ 

Thank you very much for the info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.