OOPS... I flooded my YJ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OOPS... I flooded my YJ!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-24-2001, 02:37 PM   #1
Chris C

OOPS... I flooded my YJ!

Well guys,
I came out of my class at college today to find it POURING! Of course, my top was down. I looked at my buddy, Mike, and said "Joyride time?" Mike looked back and said "You know damn right." Anyway, after some good fun, my YJ has about two inches of water in it. What is a good way to drain the rain water?? Do I need to worry about anything being damamged from the water? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Chris C.

30x9.5x15's on American Racing Nitro 15x8's
Custom Lock Box
Homemade Exaust
More stuff soon.
"I like it dirty"
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 02:42 PM   #2
SBgreenYJ

Chris thats so funny cause that was the same thing that happened to mine today as well. I go to school at lemoyne in syracuse and after my classes I wanted to go muddin. It rained and is still raining for the past 3 hours and mine is soaked. I have no carpet in it but all the windows were off, not to mention my harddoors driver side that doesn't roll up. I had about 3" on the floor. Where are you from, we should meet up sometime to go jeepin
Unread 09-24-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
Chris C

Hey man,
I am in northern New York at Clarkson University right now. Potsdam New York to be exact. When I am not at school, I live in Canandaigua, NY. I see that you are from Rochester, so you most likely know where that is. My IM name is SpeedyConquest

-Chris C.
30x9.5x15's on American Racing Nitro 15x8's
Custom Lock Box
Homemade Exaust
More stuff soon.
"I like it dirty"
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 03:52 PM   #4
GREGDOG95YJ

HEY CHRIS C. IF YOU LOOK IN THE FLOOR UNDER THE CARPET (IF YOU STILL HAVE CARPET) THERE IS A RUBBER PLUG IN THE FLOOR ON THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SIDE. POP THEM OUT WITH A SCREW DRIVER AND LET DRAIN. WORKS GREAT WHEN WASHING MUD OUT OF THE FLOORBOARD WHEN CLEANING UP FOR A DATE TOO

"just like all addicts my need to satisfy my addiction far exceeds my wallet!!"
GREGDOG95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2001, 04:42 PM   #5
Tony & his 91' YJ

First thing first, remove the plugs. Take your rig to a quarter operated car wash and use their high powered vaccum's to suck the rest of the water out. I do this every time and it works great. The vaccum's are hardcore so it won't screw them up. That's one of the pleasures of owning a Jeep! -T
tndboult@yahoo.com
91 YJ
/____\
{OlllllO}
[]---[]
Tony & his 91' YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2001, 06:18 AM   #6
Atropine
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im sure you all heard about the tornado hitting Maryland yesterday...It figures I took the top off so I could paint the soft top guide rails. I was faced with either putting the pieces on with the paint still wet or riding it out. I decided to ride it out.... The rails look good though I painted them and put grip tape on the top
04' Dodge Ram

"Jeep mechanic wanted: must be able to put square peg in round hole"
Atropine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2001, 08:21 AM   #7
Pantera

Quote:
HEY CHRIS C. IF YOU LOOK IN THE FLOOR UNDER THE CARPET (IF YOU STILL HAVE CARPET) THERE IS A RUBBER PLUG IN THE FLOOR ON THE DRIVER AND PASSENGER SIDE. POP THEM OUT WITH A SCREW DRIVER AND LET DRAIN. WORKS GREAT WHEN WASHING MUD OUT OF THE FLOORBOARD WHEN CLEANING UP FOR A DATE TOO
Where can I get some of these plugs??? The previous owner Herced the tub and didn't put em back... Winter is coming and it gets kinda drafty...
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2001, 03:57 PM   #8
Rage

There are alot for sale on eBay.

Jeep Drain Plugs
Unread 09-26-2001, 08:20 AM   #9
Pantera

Thanx, Rage...
Pantera is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.