One of YJ Tech`s Own Is Down. Lets Help Him Out - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > One of YJ Tech`s Own Is Down. Lets Help Him Out

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #106
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Prayers for Jsawduste too, then. (man we all have to hook up some time...)

Unread 08-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #107
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Prayers for jawdust get well soon

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #108
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys for all the kind words. They really do mean a lot.
My wheeling has been confined to a hospital (now home) bed with a Kindle in hand. Darryl, I`ve gone high tech !!

20 some years ago I was battling ulcerative colitis. The disease progressed to a point where the doc`s had to go in and take a couple feet of the small intestine and everything below it.

Scar tissue formed around the small intestine and made my plumbing look like an exhaust system that lost a battle with a rocky trail. Then ended up throwing blood clots to the lungs and then the abscess the doc used to stitch up the innards got infected. 24 days in the hospital total.

Wife and visiting nurse help out a lot but still am pretty much confined to the house. A trip to the mail box at the end of the driveway equates into a 2 hour nap. But with the advice of Darryl and Nick I`ve started taking some vitamins and turboed protein supplements and each day is getting better. Doc is saying 4 months............

Hey Pete, let`s see if we can do some kind of JF Great Lakes meet and greet in a couple months. That would be fun.

Again, thanks for all the prayers and kind words guys. It DOES mean a lot.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #109
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jsawduste I was glad we finally got a chance to meet before I went down. The videos of the hammer and the others were watched a half dozen times each.

That rig of yours by far and away is the baddest yj I have ever seen. The detail and the mods gave me a serious case of jeep envy.

I am on the mend and would be up for meeting in a couple months. I still can't ride any trails yet but we will get there together. Next year we will do some trail riding up north. You make it sound clinical about what happened to you but you really are one tough sob. That was way too close. My prayers are with you my friend. If you need anything all you need to do is say the word.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #110
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Que! Its great to see you back! Hope all is well
jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:49 AM   #111
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post
My wheeling has been confined to a hospital (now home) bed with a Kindle in hand. Darryl, I`ve gone high tech !!

20 some years ago I was battling ulcerative colitis. The disease progressed to a point where the doc`s had to go in and take a couple feet of the small intestine and everything below it.

Scar tissue formed around the small intestine and made my plumbing look like an exhaust system that lost a battle with a rocky trail. Then ended up throwing blood clots to the lungs and then the abscess the doc used to stitch up the innards got infected. 24 days in the hospital total.

Wife and visiting nurse help out a lot but still am pretty much confined to the house. A trip to the mail box at the end of the driveway equates into a 2 hour nap. But with the advice of Darryl and Nick I`ve started taking some vitamins and turboed protein supplements and each day is getting better. Doc is saying 4 months............

Hey Pete, let`s see if we can do some kind of JF Great Lakes meet and greet in a couple months. That would be fun.

Thoughts prayers and hugs man.... I know what close calls are like. Been down that trail. Yeah, an "f12 Great Lakes" chapter someday.. maybe next summer on a long weekend? Dunno...
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #112
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsawduste View Post

Good to see you are well enough to spend some time with us again! It seems as though you are finally past this medical nightmare of yours. Get strong!

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #113
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to hear from you guys. Sounds like times are tough but no doubt y'all will weather the storm. Keep it up and keep posting.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #114
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Que89yj, jsawduste, my thoughts and prayers are for you both on a healthy and speedy recovery. You both are an inspiration for us all and invaluable in your level of knowledge that you both are willing to freely share with the rest of us.

I've been watching my health a little more closely ever since I had hit my upper 40's. Cancers run in both sides of my family. I can only hope and pray that I can beat the health issues down with an axle shaft before they take hold of me.

Guys, good luck, and God Bless.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #115
zombiepirate
1995 YJ Wrangler 

new valves and all

you will be ready for a b double e, double r, un in no time
zombiepirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.