Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

one weak *** horn

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  jeeping around 
#1 ·
ok so today i driving to school, nearly got side swiped by some jackhole in a ford exploder who was cuttin across like three lanes to pass a single car. so when i nearly side swiped me i laid on my horn, the thing sounds like a sick cat...barely audible to me let alone the retarded driver. So i ended up saying some creative words and phrases which he heard...back to the main topic, anyway i can fix my horn or get a cheapy that sounds beast...like a jeep horn should sound like?

#3 ·
i love those products, i would kill to be able to spend like 600 bucks on that train horn, but you think you could make one, like buy ur own compressor and tank and then just mount up the horn, my favorite video is when he hits the horn when the cop bounds down to check his signal, i wish it didn't cut out after that. lol.

#4 ·
I bet you could make something with PVC. My potato gun at 40psi sounds like a freakin' fog horn. I should take a video.

#9 ·
mean90yj said:
ok so today i driving to school, nearly got side swiped by some jackhole in a ford exploder who was cuttin across like three lanes to pass a single car.
Too bad he didn't wreck it, you could have asked him for his rear axle:rofl:

But yeah, the stock horn does sound like a sick goat, I got a dual tone (looks just like the stock but two horns together) for 5 bucks at a garage sale. You really need to find something better. good luck.

#10 ·
here ye go, got these on my big truck, they will get you some attention....
@$200......
Nickel Bicycle part Rim Auto part Metal

#12 ·
XJ Beater said:
ive got the el cheapo advance auto airhorns, no tank, just direct drive compressor, its louder then stock, kinda wimpy though
I second this- I got the two dual tone Wolo "truck" horns from pep boys for $25

#13 ·
leftlanetruckin said:
here ye go, got these on my big truck, they will get you some attention....
@$200......
View attachment 28613
any idea where the best place would be to mount these, obviously not a good idea for a jeep but if i could find a york 210, possibly get some work done on my OBA, which is actually no work done so far, get an air tank, i could run horns from it to, or how many PSI do horns normally run at, cuz my OBA was gonna be like 120-140PSI at least.

#16 ·
my truck runs at 130 psi in the dual tanks.....so you'd be fine!
as far as mounting goes, they are on my big truck, so dunno about a heep!:rofl:

martin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.