OME spring?'s - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME spring?'s

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

OME spring?'s

Looking to order my springs, just had a quick ? A lot of folks are saying to go with the 36R all the way around, was just curious why? Is it because these will give you the most lift? the ride quality? I'm going to go with my gut and go with the majorities advice, but thought I'd ask what the advantages are.

jonny93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Jon. Just replied to ur PM.

A lot of guys run them on all 4 corners, say they are heavier duty. I've got the 036 on the back and the 014 up front and have no complaints. That's what ARB recommended to me before I purchased.

I sent you the number for Iron Pig, but you can also check with ARB tech line, they supply OME in the US. 425 264 1391.

Take care. Bob

One Jeep is Never Enough
copleydad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by copleydad View Post

A lot of guys run them on all 4 corners, say they are heavier duty. I've got the 036 on the back and the 014 up front and have no complaints. That's what ARB recommended to me before I purchased.

I sent you the number for Iron Pig, but you can also check with ARB tech line, they supply OME in the US. 425 264 1391.

Take care. Bob
I had the same set up but the front sagged pretty quickly so I swapped in a set of 36.

If you have any kind of heavy bumper and especially a winch you need the heavy springs in front.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well as of now I have no heavy bumper or winch. Deffinatley will in the future, but if I go 36 up front without the added weight is it gonna be a super stiff ride untill I get heavy up front?
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny93yj
Well as of now I have no heavy bumper or winch. Deffinatley will in the future, but if I go 36 up front without the added weight is it gonna be a super stiff ride untill I get heavy up front?
I've been told it will ride and flex fine without heavy stuff. Because when I get my springs I probably won't have anything heavy either.
Unread 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Will not be a stiff ride. Make sure you put on some nice flexy greaseable shackles at the same time.

I have had my springs on for about 3 1/2 years now and with a pretty heavy rear bumper and tire swing with a 35 on it the back springs have pretty much sagged flat. I put in an add a leaf as a temporary fix and even that did not really make the ride any stiffer or affect the flex. Can't say enough good things about OME springs.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have 36r on front with a light (30lb?) bumper and stiff is the last word you could ever use to begin to describe the ride.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #8
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by copleydad

Take care. Bob
I did try calling ARB and got some old lady. Haha, after that I just decided to go ahead and order the 36R's all the way around. Also got my SYE kit and driveshaft ordered from Tom Woods, and my boomerang shackles ordered from crabtree tool & die. I'm psyched, broke, but psyched.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You wont regret the 36R's all around, that's my set-up and I couldn't be happier.
'04 WJ
The Past:
'83 CJ7, '92 YJ, '00 XJ, '99 TJ, '05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #10
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny93yj View Post
I'm psyched, broke, but psyched.

I have felt that way MANY MANY MANY times

One Jeep is Never Enough
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

you wil lbe happy, I ran 14 front and 36 rear fgor a few years, then went SOA and did 36 fronts, love them, love them love them...

there will never be another spring under my jeep

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
love them, love them love them...

there will never be another spring under my jeep
Well said Gig. 110% Agree.

One Jeep is Never Enough
Unread 03-16-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another question off-topic from springs. I will be keeping the sway bar, so I'm looking for some quick discos. I was looking at the JKS quicker disconnects. Anyone using these? Is it a huge advantage to be able to remove the whole link, or is it pretty minimal? How much of a PIA is it to put conventional quick discos back together on an uneven ground?
Unread 03-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
jonny93yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got my springs, SYE kit and D/S from tom woods today. Just waiting on my shackles. Quick question, the + on the spring goes towards the front, right? Also how do I remove the shim on the springs that will be up front? Do I need to take the nut off the pin and pull it? Or will the shim pop over the pin? I'm using 36R springs in the front?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.