OME lift is on.... review and questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > OME lift is on.... review and questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-04-2005, 10:17 PM   #1
kenn

OME lift is on.... review and questions

It was pretty easy to install and the product quality seems top notch. It is EASILY a 3" lift right after it went on though it is rated at about 2". On bumpy surfaces that are spread out a bit, they ride as smooth as glass. On really short bumps, they are very bouncy. Has anyone ever experienced bouncy with their OME? I know they will settle some. I took them offroad to flex them a bit, but I didn't have discos on so I don't know how much flex they really got. The seem bouncier in the rear.. I have the J1F and J1R springs as well as the N33 and N34 shocks.

kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2005, 09:50 AM   #2
mYJ

I've had mine on my YJ for about 8 years and it is still performing well on and off road. The only bouncy issues I've has is over washboard type roads but I attribute that as much to the inherant design of short wheelbase / live axle/ leaf springs. Wait 'til you flex it off road especially without swaybar/track bars. Enjoy your "new" YJ!

[SIZE=1]92 YJ 2.5, OME, Flat Fendered, 31" Big O XTs, Crager Soft 8s, Posi-Lok, no sway/track bars, Exide Orbital, K&N, 4.0 TB & TBS, Mopar Performance Cam, Glass pack & Hi-Flow cat, Grant GT Removable Wheel, Tuffy Console, Other Stuff.[/SIZE]
[FONT=Impact][SIZE=2]Black JeepClub V2.0 #33[/SIZE] [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma] - Me & Roy[/FONT]
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:05 AM   #3
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

OME makes some killer stuff. Did you have to do a T-case drop, pitman arm, and all that good stuff? Any vibrations in the driveline?
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
phlex234

awesome! i would really like to see pictures of it, how much was the total and whaere did you get it from?

[B]Jeep 2.5 Low Output club member #2
92 Red YJ, 3.5 Bds lift, 1" body lift, 1" motor mount lift, 33 in tires, long travel DT3000 shocks, m.o.r.e. 3/8 boomerang shackels, 4:56 gears, Tj flares, rock-it man front and rear bumper, Terraflex SYE and Tom Woods CV driveshaft, herculined tub, custom homemade rocker panels, powered by the almighty 4 cylinder[/B]

[URL=http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155355]NEVER FORGET[/URL]
phlex234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2005, 11:50 AM   #5
kenn

No new vibrations in the driveline that weren't already there... I haven't had to do a t-case shim or drop as it was only a couple of inches and the guys at OME said I probably would not have to...

I'll give it a little time and see where it settles in...
kenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.