Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

old lifts?

450 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ghiradelli777 
#1 ·
found a nice YJ for a good price. it has 2 inch shakle (sp) lift and 3 inch BL...how big of a pin in the rumpuss is it to remove this and put on a real:)D) lift?

and also, do many people buy used lifts and do they pay a decent bit?

#2 ·
Taking a BL or Shackle lift off is not real hard. If you can turn a wrench I think you can handle it. The shackles are very easy...the BL bolts are sometimes a pain to get loose. I would def. take the 3" BL off ASAP...I dont care for them. The shackle lift is a bit tall for my taste as well. I would not go over an inch or so.

You might find someone on Ebay to buy the parts if they are in good condition. Most the folks on this forum would not be interested as neither of the mods are seen as the proper way to get lift.

If you want to go with a RE suspension lift I would suggest DC4WD. Great person to deal with and good prices as well. The RE lift gets very good reviews on this forum. I hear the BDS (NOT black diamond) is a good lift as well.

Here is the link:

http://www.dc4wd.com/

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.