ok i fixed the shudder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ok i fixed the shudder

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-27-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
evilpsych

ok i fixed the shudder

Ok guys.. i fixed the shudder, was a bad mount and perhaps a bit of it is from a u-joint, those are getting replaced in about 10k when i do the clutch.. anyway.. also changed the gear oil in the AX-15.. was a ***** to change it. 15/16" drain plugs? geezus.. oh.. anyone know what size the drain/refill plugs on the NP231 xfer case are? they're really damn big.. i think they're 1 3/16".. maybe metric.. would help out a lot becuase autozone didnt have a clue and i tried all the sockets they had that were in the size range..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2001, 01:53 AM   #2
Ruftags

1 3/16 is the size I used when I changed mine less than a month ago. They also have a couple of small pumping devises that will attach right to the bottle you are pumping from. This made it alot easier for me.
Unread 10-29-2001, 11:19 AM   #3
Kev
Master of the Obvious

I've always used 30mm sockets on the transfer case, same as Chevy/GMC transfer cases...

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2001, 01:34 PM   #4
OhYeah

Yep, after a lot of BS trying to find out the answer to that same question. It is a 30mm socket.

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.