Oil type for transmission and diff - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil type for transmission and diff

CCOR is Hiring! Athens, GA!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 06-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #1
MartyP666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Oil type for transmission and diff

Hi !

I just bouht a 1994 Jeep YJ, 6 cyl, with 5 speed manual transmission.
I' already changed the fuel filter,NGK spark plugs and spark plugs wire,K&N air filter, and an oïl change. The Jeep has 288 000 KM.

So now I want to change the transmission oil, the front and rear diff oil and the transfer case oil.

I was wondering i I can use the Redline MT-90, which is API GL-4 for my 2 diff ?

And can I use Castrol Hypoy C for the transmission ?

Thanks for your support.

MartyP666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
MartyP666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

No one can answer ???
MartyP666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
copenhagenfiend
1995 YJ Wrangler 

image-1008804379.jpg
copenhagenfiend is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 10:57 AM   #4
Jeepsr4me

Use regular gear oil for your diff, 75-90w works for the front and same for the rear and if you have a LS in rear use a little fiction modifier. If you tow or what ever you can get the 90w140 from rear... I never bother with it as what can you tow with a jeep wrangler that will be a stress...

Use walmart brand 10w30 in the trans.. Just the regular stuff nothing special..

ATF trans fluid for the Transfer case...
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
MukYJ
Pronounced "Mucky J"

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The FAQ is always a good place to start for these kinds of questions.

Basically any 75w90 gear oil in the diffs, any 10w30 motor oil in the transmission. Use synthetic if you're not good about changing it as often as you should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
MukYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.