Oil Temperature Gauge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Temperature Gauge

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 10-10-2003, 10:54 AM   #1
smok3y

Oil Temperature Gauge

Hey guys my oil temp gauge hasnt worked sinse i got my clutch/slave cylinder replaced. I was wondering if it just came unplugged someone wanna hint me where the plug is located on the block so i can check it out? also, i read a post saying that if your O2 sensor is off it could effect the gauge as well. someone let me know TIA

-Zack

[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club #73,999,999[/COLOR]
smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
LoOpY

the O2 thing doesnt make a lick of sense. engine size would be helpful in this case, but the 4cyl has the oil PRESSURE sending unit by the distributor and the engine COOLANT TEMP sending unit on the T-stat housing (92+)..not 100% certain which youre asking for, but I assume the pressure sending unit
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2003, 11:15 AM   #3
smok3y

Not oil pressure, but Oil TEMP i have a 90 I6 4.2 carb'd is the temp gauge on the oil pressure sending switch?

[COLOR=white]White Jeep Club #73,999,999[/COLOR]
smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
LoOpY

are you sure its not aftermarket? i cant find anything on google about an OEM oil temp sensor or gauge...

my guess is that the sensor would either be in the oil pan, or by the oil filter/pressure sending unit.

anyone else have any input?
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2003, 06:10 PM   #5
Hackle
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Oil Temp would be after market so who know where it is located.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.