oil and temp gauge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > oil and temp gauge

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 09-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Eugenejeepjeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

oil and temp gauge

I have a 89 yj and my oil pressure gauge goes to the max when i turn the key on
and will move a little, but when i start it it stay at max. With my temp gauge it doesn't move at all when on or running. was hoping some one could tell me how to fix this.. already replaced the temp sensor

Eugenejeepjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The oil gauge most likely needs a new sending unit. the Temp gauge could be as simple as the conector coming off the sending unit. The sending unit is towards the back of the head on the drivers side by the fire wall

www.Impact-FabWorks.com

Impact-FabWorks Facebook

Please fill out your profile, It helps us help you!!!
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

you can also pull off the cluster and clean up the contacts. Although I did that and while it did give me lights again, it did little for my gauges.

Tags
help needed , oil gauge , temp gauge

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.