Oil Pressure Gauge Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Pressure Gauge Issues

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
jkiley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Oil Pressure Gauge Issues

I have a 90 Jeep Wrangler YJ, while driving the Oil Pressure will randomly drop off and come back.
It freaked me out at 1st, so I connected a manual gauge right to the connection on the motor and ran it for a while and the oil pressure was steady.

So I took out the gauge cluster and cleaned it and It worked for a while.

Now its doing the same thing, also if I tap the fuel gauge the oil pressure gauge will come back for a while.

I'm pretty sure it is electrical, should I get a new gauge, or replace the old school circuit board?

Any ideas?

jkiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/r...er-how-991307/
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
jkiley
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
That is perfect, Thank you.
jkiley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1990 , electrical issue , gauge cluster , oil pressure , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.