oil leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > oil leak

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
ajstarr2288
1995 YJ Wrangler 

oil leak

on my 95 yj with the 2.5 i have sprung a leak. i believe it is my rear main seal, but im not sure. the oil is aperaing at the dust shield to my bell-housing. Am i on the right track? or could it be something else?

Unread 04-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
Andywear
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Clean off your motor of all oil, gresse and crap and then refill oil and start engine and watch for leaks.
I thought I had a rear seal leak but I now believe its coming from my breather.

[I]Errrrrrr[/I], Will complain else where - &y
Andywear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Mine came right down the bell housing/ shield and was the rear main seal... as stated already, clean it good and watch...

KCCO no matter what life throws your way!
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.