Oil Filter Adapter O rings for 2.5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil Filter Adapter O rings for 2.5

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 02-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oil Filter Adapter O rings for 2.5

I have the 2.5 and just got to do the first oil change after buying it. After having Cherokees with the 4.0 i noticed the oil filter was significantly smaller. The auto parts store cross referenced it and said it should have been on a Chevy of some sort. It had a small oil leak from around the passenger side and after i replaced the small oil filter with a normal one the leak grew.
I have replaced the CCV and checked all the vacuums as well as baffles and whatnot for possibly being plugged and found nothing. So i am leaning towards it being the Oil Filter Adapter O rings or Distributor. I have cleaned the area and it looks like it would be coming from the adapter instead of the Dizzy (at least i pray so).
I have checked the local parts stores and none of them have the Oil Filter Adapter O ring kits. From doing this before i know that oreillys sold a kit with all 3 of them in there for the 4.0 but no one has one for the 2.5. Does anyone know if the 4.0 and the 2.5 O rings are the same size?

bcusstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
bcusstc
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bump
bcusstc is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.