oil dipstick issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > oil dipstick issues

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 11-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
mannyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

oil dipstick issues

k guys just recently had my tranny rebuilt and they broke my engine oil dipstick (knocked 150 bucks off rebuild price so i dont want to have them pay for it plus it was week at first bend in tube from a little rust) i dont want to pay the 30 bucks that the stealership wants for just the dipstick and cant really wait the week or so for one from quadratec and as you all know you cant find a wrangler in the junk yards but can find cherokees all day long do any of you know if a dipstick from a 4.0 cherokee is the same as the dipstick in the 4.0 wrangler or can anyone give me a length on it so i can see if i cant find one.
thanks for any help

mannyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
jeepjunkymike
1999 XJ Cherokee 

have somebody put a weld on it??

Last edited by jeepjunkymike; 11-05-2011 at 11:31 AM.. Reason: duh
jeepjunkymike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
mannyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

dip sticks tossed the rest of the dipstick cuz when i pulled the tube it wasnt in there so thats where the problem comes in i can get a universal but whos to say it will even work for all i know it could be way too long or it could even be too short
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you get the tube, get the stick also. I know my Cherokee and wrangler have the same pans, but the dipstick on my Cherokee is just a little different at the top.
Unread 11-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
mannyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

so basicly it should work i mean i would only be out 2 or 3 bucks at the local bone yard and its worth a shot i think lol
Unread 11-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
mannyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

k got out to the junk yard today and found a brand new dipstick and tude in an early 90s cherokee with the 4.0 had the same style dipstick and tube so i grabbed it all best part is i got the whole shabang for 3 bux lmao

Tags
dipstick , engine oil , oil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.