Oil in airbox - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oil in airbox

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-19-2002, 11:26 PM   #1
YJ boy

Oil in airbox

Hello all I am getting alot of oil in my airbox I put new pcv and air return valve? (i think thats what it is called)also all new lines and still there is oil all over the inside of my airbox bad.... why is it getting pushed in there? Please help stop the spillage thanks

YJ boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Dan's YJ

I'd also like to know why it does that. Mine isn't too bad, but enough to make me curious.
Dan's YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 07:21 PM   #3
Big92Jeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

I had the same problem when I bought my YJ. When I replaced my valve cover gasket I cleand the vents inside the cover. I haven't had any problems since. I believe because of the gunk in the vents oil gets pushed up but can't bleed back down. That's why it runs over into the filter box.

My 2˘
RěCK
Unread 02-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #4
YJ boy

Rick,
Well I would say that would be the fix but I have a brand new valvecover "plastic one?" but I will see if maybe it could be stoped from ony about 150 miles hope thats it!! thanks
YJ boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 09:19 PM   #5
Mike611

95 Yj, mine does it too, oh well..
Mike...
95, 2.5L, custom bumpers, Flow's, 4 inch Skyjacker Super Duty, 33x12.50 MT's, 15X10 AR 767's, Hi-lift, Funk in the Trunk( two 12 inch subs ), soon to be locked and have one of those pully things on the front.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly...
Mike611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2002, 11:15 PM   #6
NOVA Jeeper56

It is said that on yj's 2.5l more that after about 75-80000 miles they start sucking oil through there. I have a 2.5 and thre is no PCV vavle it is just and elbow. I have been told it could be a number of things including lifters,piston rings etc.... If you do have a PCV vavle not and elbow you can take your line off from the intake and put on a air breather to eliminate the oil in the box. But if you only have a elbow you need the line to suck out the pressure
NOVA Jeeper56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.