Oh Yeah - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oh Yeah

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-26-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
Joe jeep

Oh Yeah

IS THE WEBER CONVERSION ILIGLE OR LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA. THE KITS THAT IVE SEEN AREN'T LEGAL. IM JUST WONDERING IF U ARE REFERING TO THE SAME KIT. AND WHAT IF IT IS ILLIGLE. IS THEIR ANYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY DO TO MAKE IT LEGAL.

Joe jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2002, 07:41 PM   #2
TexasBlakeWFO

try the next time
TexasBlakeWFO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2002, 09:05 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Re: Oh Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe jeep
IS THE WEBER CONVERSION ILIGLE OR LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA. THE KITS THAT IVE SEEN AREN'T LEGAL. IM JUST WONDERING IF U ARE REFERING TO THE SAME KIT. AND WHAT IF IT IS ILLIGLE. IS THEIR ANYTHING I COULD POSSIBLY DO TO MAKE IT LEGAL.
Please, the YELLING has to stop .. my ears can't handle it!

As far as legality goes, as a Canadian, anything can be considered legal .. and laws in California about vehicle restrictions are very difficult to follow.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2002, 02:27 PM   #4
virgil_likes_rum

I looked in ACME catalog and Quadratec and they both state as the last line in the Weber description "Not legal in California." CA does have strict laws concerning emissions. I dont know what could be done to legalize a Weber if its not sold as being legal.

Ditch the carb altogether and go with fuel injection. Howell and Mopar sell some that are CA legal.
90 YJ Sahara, 4" Procomp lift, OME shocks, M.O.R.E. shackles, Howell fuel injection, Borla headers/exhaust, ARB locker, 4:56 gears, 32" BFG MT, Rhinolined interior, Olympic roof rack
virgil_likes_rum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.