Oh, new to me jeep. Why do you hate me? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Oh, new to me jeep. Why do you hate me?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #31
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
You start at 8 and advance it. 8 is just a starting point. If you got it running try and advance it. Are you hooked up to ported vacuum for the vacuum advance?
Ok thanks. As for the vacuum. I've tried a spot on the carb an intake. It didn't seem to make a difference at all.

JeepingJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #32
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It will make a difference when it is set correctly under load.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #33
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
It will make a difference when it is set correctly under load.
Yes i'm going to try that tonight. On a side note I think my carb was mislabeled. Cause it looks alot like redlines 38 dgas carb. It's the only instructions I've found how to tune for a carb that looked like mine. So with timing an a little tuning I might get it finished. Atleast it idles now, so i'm headed in the right direction.
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
ItzaKaDoozie
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCSmoker View Post
You forgot - "You spend lots and lots of $$ on it".
just toss 400 bucks in the bank every month (as if you had a new car and were making a car payment).

gives you something to work with when you need to replace a little part here and there (like an engine, transmission, or axle).

ItzaKaDoozie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #35
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well, she runs an drives pretty good. I guess I had two plug wires in the wrong spot. So I just need a little tinkering an she'll be as good as new.
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #36
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Now I just need to figure out why I have no dash lights, an no tail light, but I have brake lights. The put on a new muffler since it looks like this one got hung up on a can opener. I'll keep y'all posted.
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #37
JeepingJustin
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anybody know if you gotta change all the jettings (air corrector, idle jet, ect). Or can you just go down on the Mains?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.