October YJOTM Vote Now! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > October YJOTM Vote Now!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

View Poll Results: YJOTM
scubamc 49 33.56%
95wrangler4life 5 3.42%
Tongie 47 32.19%
Autoboy454 3 2.05%
stcarter44 1 0.68%
wejeepinn 18 12.33%
YJames90 7 4.79%
Allen456 3 2.05%
Remmons 2 1.37%
Honda250ex 11 7.53%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

October YJOTM Vote Now!

scubamc

1991 YJ
Atlas 2 Speed 5:1
4.0 w/AX15

Front Axle
76 Ford HP44 Narrowed to Waggy width
Warn Premium Locking Hubs
Alloy Shafts
PSC Hydro Assist Steering
Yukon 5.13
ARB Locker
TnT Truss

Rear Axle
87 XJ Dana44
Alloy USA Shafts
Yukon 5.13 Gears
ARB Locker
Tnt Truss
Crown Vic Disc Brakes

Suspension
Front
Polyperformance 3 Link
with Fox 2.0 Coilovers and Ebach Spirngs
Stretched 3 inches

Rear
Rubicon Express 4.5” Leafs SUA
Dynatrac U-Bolt Flip Kit

Armor
Metalcloak front fenders w/4”flares
Metalcloak Sliders
Metalcloak Rear Corners w/4” Flares
Poison Spyder Steering Skid
UCF High Clearance Skid
Genright Tank and skid

Interior
Poison Spyder Full Cage
Seats tied into cage and frame
Corbeau Seats
Tuffy Console
Custom Dash by Dan at Double D Fab
Autometer Gauges

Exterior
Savvy Tail Lights
Warn XD9000i w/Viking Rope
Trail Ready Beadlocksw/37x12.5x17 Pitbull Rockers
KC Slim Lights
Tom Woods Driveshafts

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````
95wrangler4life

95 YJ, 2.5 ax5, NP231 all stock. Jeep started with a 3" BL and 2" shackle lift on 31's

Now:
New Frame
Suspension: 4" RC SUA, 1.5 Booms, 1" BL
Axles: HP30 with 4.88's, aussie locker, custom vacuum disconnect to a grand waggy switch, Rockcrusher cover, stock shafts. 8.8 rear, 4.88's, mini spool, rusty's slider cover, disc brakes. rear axle 1" stretch to allow for no SYE or t-case drop.

Tires: 36 12.50 15 TSL SX's on steelies.

Future mods: Grand Waggy springs and 2" wheelbase stretch to both axles, DIY beadlocks, and SYE.

Exterior bedlined, true trail rig but can still cruise on the street if needed.

Pics:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````
Tongie
I first got the jeep bug as a young soldier in Southeast Asia . It was my first experience with jeeps
and it was unbelievable to me how these vehicles could go through the bush and mud.
As the years went by I would see great looking modified jeeps without their tops and doors
and developed a case of “jeep envy”knowing that someday I would be able to afford to
build my own. I finally bought her last October, completely stock and rusty.
This jeep is a reflection of my time in the military and the unit I was in. I had
my unit patches copied and made into vinyl stickers and put on the jeep. Found the color code
for Army green from the Viet Nam era and had her painted. Being older now, I didn’t want the
rigid ride some lifts afford so at the advice of my mechanic, I put reverse shackles on her and she
rides like a dream now. Fortunately, she’s not a daily driver but she’s not a mall cruiser either.
This jeep does very well in rocks, mud, snow, whatever you throw at her.
I hope you like her.
1995 YJ
5 speed
4.88 gears
8.8 limited slip rear end with Auburn Ected locker
Aussie lockers in front d-30
Slip yoke eliminator with custom made and balanced drive shafts
BDS 4.5 inch lift and reverse shackles (another inch lift)
Hand throttle
OBA
33 x 12.50 tires on steel rims
4x disc brakes
Solid diff covers
Sway bar disconnects
Linex interior
Custom made secure trunk
Xenon flares
Uniden cb
Smittybilt sliders, console, seats, and bumpers
8000 lb winch
Full recovery gear
Hi-lift jack

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````
Autoboy454

Rig Specs:
1989 Jeep YJ
4.2L swapped out for a 94 4.0L/AX15
Short tube intake, Taurus Fan, Walker Cat-back exhaust
NP231 with Crown SYE, cut down Cherokee CV driveshaft
4.10 HP D30 with Lock-rite, TJ shafts/knuckles/hubs/brakes
4.10 Ford 8.8 Open with Disc brakes
Rubicon Express 4" Leafs with Crown 1/2" Boomerang Shackles
33" Old School Goodyear MT/R's
Built Rocker Guards and Rear Crossmember/Bumper Overlay
Smittybilt 3" Rear Fender Flares
Badlands 9000lb Winch

I originally bought my YJ for $600 in August of 2010 from a family friend having always wanted a Wrangler since I was 16. It has been a year-long battle through rust, rot, parts-hoarding, and financial distress (what good are full pockets anyways...) I did all the work myself. Grinding, cutting, welding, patching, prepping, priming, painting, bolting back together. One thing to keep in mind is that the tub and frame in the first picture and the tub and frame in the second and third picture are one and the same. Lots of blood and sweat went into this thing, and I think it is finally time to show the "before and after's" of my self-named "Never-Ending YJ" project.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````
stcarter44

specs/mods: i have been slowly building this jeep since i was 16 years old and got it bone stock. with help from my dad and some good friends i have been able to make it to what it is today.1995 jeep wrangler yj rio grande edition, 4 banger, 4 inch tuff country lift, 1/2 inch shackles, tail light guards, 33X12.5X15 mud king mud terrain tires with full size spare, neoprene seat covers, smittybuilt stinger bumper with 9,000 lb badland winch, cobra 25 ltd cb radio, stock axles ( for now) future engine swap either a turbo 6 or a 4bt cummins diesel

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````
wejeepinn
1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
1966 Chevy 327, 30 over, RV cam
Holly Projection
Ford T-18 Transmission
Scout Dana 20 Transfer Case
Tom Woods drive shafts
Front Axle: Jeep Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Detroit, Scout outers and discs
Rear Axle: Scout Dana 44, 4.88 gears, Detroit
SOA Rubicon Express 1445’s
Rancho Shocks
“Parts Mike” High clearance steering
Super Swamper TSL Radials 36-12.50-15 on black steel wagon wheels
6 point roll cage
Warn HS9500i winch, High Lift Jack, Tree saver
Corbeau Baja SS seats, harnesses, Power Tank, tons of spare parts
CD player, CB
Custom built rear bumper/swing out tire rack
A bunch of other stuff I’m sure I forgot about
I got into this Wrangler after running a too short, too tall CJ5 for a few years. I had learned a lot on my CJ build on what I wanted and what I didn’t.
My plan was to build a steet legal, comfortable, relatively simple (common parts), trail capable rig. I bought the complete, almost perfect body and frame (no motor or axles) from a Jeep salvage yard. I started by pulling the parts out of my previously built CJ (trans, tc, axles, tires,) to go into the new rig. I acquired a small block 327 which I built for the project. After the original build, almost 10 years ago, it’s still a work in progress.
I think the Wrangler is the perfect mix of durability, functionality, simplicity, and comfort. My wife, myself and my son can wheel it safely and comfortably. I can put the top on it, the heater works, etc. When they get out it’s a very capable white knuckle trail machine.
I have run this Jeep all over the Southeast at Tellico, Coal Creek, River Rock, and many others.
It turns heads wherever it goes and gets a lot of compliments. It has taken a beating and continues to perform. It does a great job on the trail and has surprisingly mild manners on the road.

Unread 10-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJames90
Jeep: 1990 Wrangler White
Mods:
Chevy 1988 4.3/4L60e/Np231C/J drivetrain
SOA
2" BDS spring lift
1" body lift
On board air modified from factory AC
Pontiac sunfire bucket seats
XrC8 Smittybilt winch with in cab controls
Tj family roll bar /Front CJ cage
33x 12.50x 15 Bf Goodrich KM2s
15x 8 Steelies
Aussie lockers front and rear
Ford 8.8 rear with disk brakes
3/4" boomerang shackles
Front and rear axles stretched out 1 " each
Solid and Riddler diff covers
Dana 30 posi-lok
Rear Custom CV drive shaft
Front Custom drive shaft
slip yoke eliminator kit
Smittybilt front and rear bumpers
Hand throttle
CJ rear cargo storage box
48" highlift jack
Hard half doors
Full soft top and doors
TJ Bikini top
Modified TJ rocker guards
I bought this Jeep a few years back when it was bone stock. Im proud to say that I have done most of the work myself including the engine swap.
Alot of tech help came from many members of Jeepforum .
Thanks to all that have helped !
We are also using my Jeep and our clubs Jeeps to bring supplies to help rebuild the Mount Beacon Firetower in New York

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````````````
Allen456
1993 YJ Sahara edition 4.0L, AX15 with the factory axles and gearing. Riding on KMC XD series 17” rims with 285/75/17 (32x11.5) tires, 4in RC spring lift. Little changes in the bumpers to suffice until I make my ultimate decision on the way I want to go. 86k original miles, it is my DD. This is my third jeep, I have had a CJ7, Tj, and now the YJ. My father started the passion with his 73 CJ5 that was his DD for 17 years. I miss them both. My step father had a JK and now owns a new Grand Cherokee. I guess that you could say the Jeep name runs strong through the family and I am working on passing the legacy to my son.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````
Remmons

I browse the jeepforum.com webiste. It has been a HUGE help in my endeavor to get this Jeep running.
I own a 1988 YJ which I had picked up as a basket case. It is not that great looking, but it is fully functional, and it has been fun (and challenging) to get to what you se today. The following are some of what I had done and/or installed to get it into running condition.
The current motor is a 4.0L HO from a '95 Cherokee XJ.
Wiring harness and PCM are from a '93 XJ (but apparently they are the same from '91 through '95).
Transmission is an AW4 automatic with OD (and power/comfort option) out of an '88 XJ.
Transfer case is an NP242 selec-trac out of an '88 XJ.
Rear drive shaft is out of a 97+ TJ. It fit perfectly!
Seats are unknown, but they are sure comfy.
Steering column is a tilt and is from an '88 XJ. It took just a little modification at the firewall to make it work.
Wheels and tires are from my local salvage yard that were on a '92 XJ.
Misc interior parts are from forum members and from the salvage yard.
Gas tank is from a '91 through '95 Wrangler, but mine already had the 20 gallon poly tank when I got it, it was cracked.
Fuel pump came from the same YJ that the tank came out of.
The intake system is just a universal cone filter and ABS sewer pipe (only unti lI can afford a cold air intake kit).
2" lift shackles are Ebay specials only to give me clearance for the 32" tires.

More work and stories to come.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````
Honda250ex
My dad had purchased my 87 YJ brand new , and he had held onto the jeep until I turned sixteen to pass it down to me. Well I have pretty much rebuilt the whole Jeep during the time I had it until present. Every penny pretty much I made working I dumped it all into the Jeep. I’d like to thank you guys for considering my YJ to be in the YJOTM! I would also like to thank Jeepforum for being such a great help along the process of my Build
Mods:
*Golen 4.6 Stroker
*Howell Fuel Injection
*K&N Filter
*Borla Header/ Cat back exhaust
*D.U.I. Performance Distributor
*Live Wires
*Flow kooler Water pump
*Center Force stage 2 performance clutch
*Daystar 1” Motor Mounts
* Viper Red Paint
*Rhino lined tub Inside
*Custom Molded carpet kit
* Rugged Ridge padded center console
* Quadratec Ultimate Floor mats
* Xenon 6” TJ style fender flares
* Optima Red top Battery
*JCR Stage 3 rear bumper with swing out/ Powder coated finish
* PIAA 520i Fog lights
*Rubicon Express 2.5 lift/ Quick disconnects
*Old Man Emu Steering Stabilizer
*31” BFG KM2’s
* Mickey Thompson Classic 11’s

Unread 10-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Best of luck to all the contestants! There are some lift shackles from BESRK for the winner of this contest. Please forgive the lack of a foreword, I'm really sick.
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
AaronJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The field is a lot tighter this month. Nothing really stuck out (to me) as being leaps and bounds ahead of the competition like last month. *that's a good thing btw*

In the end I went with Tongie because that is a damn clean looking Jeep with a lot of "real" work done to it that I've been envious of since I saw it a few months ago on this forum.

GL to all
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post
The competition is a lot tighter this month. Nothing really stuck out (to me) as being leaps and bounds ahead of the competition like last month.

In the end I went with Tongie because that is a damn clean looking Jeep with a lot of "real" work done to it that I've been envious of since I saw it a few months ago on this forum.

GL to all
It should be a good month for votes. I'd still like to see more stockers next month.
Unread 10-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
AaronJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
It should be a good month for votes. I'd still like to see more stockers next month.
One day I'll enter this thing but it'll be a while. Until I get a winch, lockers and toss the dana 35 that I'm abusing with a 5.7, I'd just be trying to get by on my good looks.
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #7
stcarter44
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It definetly looks alot cooler if you have action picks.. ill rememberthat for next month to!!
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Action pics are cool but I think the change to three pictures from two is worth the extra work. Looks a lot cooler that way. For you guys who have a build thread entering next month, throw a link in there.
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #9
honda250ex
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm honored to make the cut with such a great group of YJ's. I would like to thank Nick and everyone else who put this together, and started YJOTM back up Good luck to everyone!
Unread 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda250ex View Post
I'm honored to make the cut with such a great group of YJ's. I would like to thank Nick and everyone else who put this together, and started YJOTM back up Good luck to everyone!
Thank JoeDillard for starting it back up. I like seeing the entries as much as the rest of you guys do. Maybe one day I'll enter mine, if I could keep up with some of you guys.
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #11
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bunch of nice rigs but I voted for Scuba. Good luck to all

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
Unread 10-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #12
wejeepinn
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Nice Rides!
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #13
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Tongie for me. Nice well balance combination. .Plus he went to the trouble of "personalizing" his YJ with memories from his past. Paint and stickers that have strong meaning.

But all the entries deserve respect. Some are more modded then others and some are works in progress.

Good job top all !! Not an easy decision.

One comment is the picture quality. Several entries have pictures that could have been better. If your in a contest it would seem you would want to submit your best shots. Just saying...............
Unread 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #14
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another great group of jeeps to choose from.

I voted for 95wrangler4life because it reminds me of my own jeep in a way. It was hard though because I've seen a lot these guy's build threads and once you read them you see the trials and tribulations and what all goes into to them.

Good luck everyone!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Unread 10-24-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My vote to wejeepinn...

i think its a well built rig, but hasn't lost the YJ touch.

That is just my personal thing for these contests, i know how much blood sweat tears and hardwork go into linking the rigs, I have considered it numerous times, but I love the "love hate" relationship I have with my leaf springs, and even more so, I love following people on linked rigs, be it stock or custom linked through things, makes it a bit more challenging but gives me the satisfaction when I can follow them. This is a good line up this month, the guy with the stocker stroker was my 2nd choice

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.