October YJOTM Starts Today! Get your entries in! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > October YJOTM Starts Today! Get your entries in!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Closed Thread
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

October YJOTM Starts Today! Get your entries in!

October is upon us and it's time again to hold our YJ of the month contest. The winner of this month's contest will not only be entered in the YJ of the year contest but will also be the recipient of a set of boomerang shackles of your lift choosing from BESRK at Ground Pounder Fab! You will also have the option of having them powdercoated as well! I'd like to personally thank BESRK for his cooperation in donating such an amazing product. I run them in all four corners and I couldn't be happier! If you find yourself the recipient of these awesome shackles, and you already have a pair, you can follow in jsawduste's footsteps and donate them to another member. The rules have changed again, so please pay attention!

You can enter your Wrangler YJ in the "YJ of the Month" (YJOM) contest by following the guidelines below. If you don't follow these guidelines, your entry will be rejected.

Submissions will be accepted beginning on the 15th of each month. On or near the 15th, a sticky announcing that submissions are being accepted and the email address you are to send the submission to. The latest you can submit your entry is anytime up until the contest begins which will usually be late on the 24th or sometime on the 25th of the month.

There will be a maximum of 10 entries selected for the contest. If yours is not selected, make sure it was submitted correctly and then feel free to try again the following month if you wish.

Anyone is welcome to submit an entry as long as it is an YJ. Because the winner will be the featured "YJ for the month", We will be selecting entries that are unique etc. Stock or lifted, does not matter. If you have good photographs its chances of getting in are much greater.

To submit your own jeep for the contest you would need to simply send:

1. Your JeepForum username (screen name)
2. List of specs and/or modifications (don't forget to include the year of your jeep) or a short paragraph describing what is special about your Jeep.
3. THREE pictures' [IMG] tags from the site on which it is hosted. It takes five minutes to set up an account.

Do not email pictures, or send entries via PM to the mods. All entries should be sent to: yjofthemonth@yahoo.com

If entries do not meet the aforementioned criteria, they will not be considered. A later deadline as to when entries will no longer be accepted, right now it's the 24th. Plenty of time to get a photobucket account opened and submit your jeep. If you are chosen, YOU cannot submit a yj for 12 months.

Any questions, PM me...

-Anticanman

Unread 10-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Get 'em in gents/ladies.

Which brings up an interesting point.....I don't recall ever having a lady win the contest, so you (I'm talking to the ladies here) could be the first.
Unread 10-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
RobertJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just sent mine in
Cell: (714) 878-0234
Unread 10-18-2011, 04:43 AM   #4
Tongie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Im in
Unread 10-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
mudcrawler90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Just sent my email in
Having to tow your Jeep down the road with a stock truck is like water skiing naked, its embarrassing, your being pulled by a single line, and it hurts a little but in the end all you can do is look back on it and laugh!
/l , [____],
l------L--[]lllllll[]-_
()_) ()_)==♠=)_)
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
autoboy454
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sent in my app
Unread 10-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Lots of good candidates so far! Still plenty of room for more. Just because there are ten on the ballot, it does t mean that only ten can be considered. I'd like to see some more stock jeeps in this months inbox, please. Also, I'm not sure if the rules are clear or not but I'll clarify something real quick: one is forbidden from entering for a year only if he/she wins, not if you entered in months past. There have been some great jeeps in the contest so far and there's nothing keeping you from re entering again this month. Update those profiles and send it in!

This is definitely my favorite part of JF. I love to see the yj's lined up side by side and picking out my favorite, well even though I'm not voting anymore. It's like flipping through a catalog of all the things you wish you had installed and getting feedback on the modifications.

Enough rambling from me, send em in!!
Unread 10-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #8
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Lots of good candidates so far! Still plenty of room for more. I'd like to see some more stock jeeps in this months inbox. This is definitely my favorite part of JF. I love to see the yj's lined up side by side and picking out my favorite, well even though I'm not voting anymore. It's like flipping through a catalog of all the things you wish you had installed and getting feedback on the modifications.
Well said Anticanman. A nicely (re)done stocker or a DD with a few added touches can make for a really outstanding ride. Sure it is nice to have a heavily modded ride but a tastefully done DD is really cool.

I remember one of my favorites. .........It was my screen saver for a long time.............. Was a yellow CJ that had a modest lift. 33`s on chrome wheels, Bushwacker flares and a stock drive-train. It just looked right !!

Bringing back a YJ from the ravages of neglect and clutches of rust scores high in my book also.

Sorry Anticanman if I am out of line in this post and maybe stepping on your toes. I just want to see some Kool YJ`s !!
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

C'mon folks! Get your entries in before Friday at midnight PST. If you've entered in months past, and would like to enter again, now is the time. Especially those complaining about not being on the ballot.
Unread 10-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #10
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I submitted my dirty heep... she was a rust destroyed frame outta PA, love the salt... got a new frame, floor pans, sanded down and bedlined and was a DD for a while until recently.... I submitted, I hope I did it right lol

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Lots of good candidates so far! Still plenty of room for more. Just because there are ten on the ballot, it does t mean that only ten can be considered. I'd like to see some more stock jeeps in this months inbox, please. Also, I'm not sure if the rules are clear or not but I'll clarify something real quick: one is forbidden from entering for a year only if he/she wins, not if you entered in months past. There have been some great jeeps in the contest so far and there's nothing keeping you from re entering again this month. Update those profiles and send it in!

This is definitely my favorite part of JF. I love to see the yj's lined up side by side and picking out my favorite, well even though I'm not voting anymore. It's like flipping through a catalog of all the things you wish you had installed and getting feedback on the modifications.

Thank you Anticanman.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...-year-1277182/

Yes I know, not everyone likes my decals, but I do!

I’ll try again, this time mine.

91 4.0L YJ stock, DD
Only mod is the 31's I put on that were laying around and the Smittybuild 8500 winch
Unread 10-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #12
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sure I'll see some good ones this month!

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Oh what the heck, I'll submit my junk. It isn't the prettiest, but it sure has come a long way in the last year and a half.

I am by no means a professional. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
allen456
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Submitted my DD
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Last day to get the entries in, gotta have lots of time to vote. Don't forget to vote in the other wrangler of the month competitions as well.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.