October YJOTM Pants off Dance off Sudden death match - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > October YJOTM Pants off Dance off Sudden death match

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

View Poll Results: Post when you vote this time
Navman 28 32.18%
TDIJ 59 67.82%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

voted!

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #47
GottaYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
Unread 11-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #48
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I used eanie meanie miney moe and ended up with the red one. They really are matched equally in my eyes.

Good luck to the both of you and I'm really happy to see the amount of good sportsmanship here. Both of you are winners in my eyes!!
Unread 11-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #49
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

V-o-t-e-d

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #50
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Voted for the guy with the license plates. Its one thing to build a radical unique and capable jeep. But its another thing to build one thats street-legal.
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM   #51
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I used eanie meanie miney moe
I didn't know you could count that high ... good job

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
mrmark is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #52
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Voted...
PA_YJ19 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #53
branjmb
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Voted

Went with TDIJ because I myself would prefer a complete jeep body, not a huge fan of the buggy look.

But they both look great!
Congrats guys!

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/broke-students-jeep-build-1264853/"]YJ BUILD THREAD/[/URL]
branjmb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #54
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Voted, I think I posted on the old poll though
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #55
browning16
1989 YJ Wrangler 

voted
browning16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #56
Lemoore-on
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Voted again

92YJ with some stuff done to it.
Lemoore-on is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #57
Ustabearenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
Unread 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #58
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Voted. I dig the TDI, but he needs a cage (especially since he already rolled it). Plus I'm getting close going Juggy w/ mine.
bgredjeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #59
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Voted.

Something about that front axle...

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #60
tdij
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Voted. I dig the TDI, but he needs a cage (especially since he already rolled it). Plus I'm getting close going Juggy w/ mine.
I respect that completely... A cage is one of the things I use to narrow down the contestants that I vote for. I will vote for someone without a cage if I really like their vision, however I typically see a cage as a minimum requirement for a jeep build to be considered worthy.

Could not agree more that I am long overdue for one. A cage is the #1 objective for this winter. I have been going back and forth on full cage vs adding on to the stock cage forever. Ultimately I have done nothing as a result. I wanted to do it last winter but with all that I did in the major transformation, some things not vital to making it all work together had to give. I am in the planning stage of my cage right now... been working on autocad drawing up possible designs. At the moment I'm leaning towards a full custom cage with a bit of a fastback design.

I did roll it in August... not on a technical section at all, but had a 4 month old stainless brake line blow out, and gravity took over. I was on a trip with many spots where that failure would have meant imminent death (cage or no cage) via thousand foot drop offs, and even where it happened had a lot of potential for it to be much more serious, and easily could have been fatal. In the location and situation I was in when the failure occurred, I look at what happened as being the best case scenario. The fact that I rolled where I did saved my life... If I wouldn't have rolled it... and continued on my wheels any further I likely wouldn't even be voting in this contest much less be entered in it. Fortunately I walked away completely unharmed, and no one was riding along. A buddy of mine was driving it up until about two minutes before the failure. Glad it didn't happen to him. Ultimately no physical harm done... and that was what mattered at the end of the day!

I will be the first to say that I should have had a cage long ago. I knew it... but all the excitement surrounding the body work, engine and axle swapping just overshadowed it. I've been saying I "NEED" to do a cage for a long time. If I ever do another off road jeep build, caging will come very early in the build.

I would recommend it as an early part of any build. I am proof that you don't have to be doing anything challenging, or risky to find yourself in a rollover. I upgraded to stainless brake lines for the added strength and durability... only to have the failure in that said part nearly kill me. The stock cage is not sufficient. Even if a full cage is not in your budget or skill level, adding an aftermarket front section is very reasonably priced and will improve your safety dramatically. I believe every jeep(even street only ones) should have at least that!

Thanks to everyone for voting... and thanks to anticanman for hosting an additional contest this month!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.