October 2013 YJOTM Vote Now - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > October 2013 YJOTM Vote Now

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

View Poll Results: Happy Hollow Weenie!
94chb 6 7.69%
Mulligan 0 0%
Gage56 7 8.97%
Rambo3489 11 14.10%
Wazzier 1 1.28%
Norcal_chris 14 17.95%
zeus87gn 3 3.85%
ssyj94 7 8.97%
Tom95yj 5 6.41%
ashland83291 12 15.38%
AmmitOsiris 1 1.28%
Carlos14 10 12.82%
None Of The Above! 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

October 2013 YJOTM Vote Now

Sorry it is late, I have been swamped at work lately.

Have some rules.

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

94CHB

89 wrangler
4.2 carb swapped to 4.0 fuel injected
tf999 automatic swapped to ax-15
d30/35 swapped to waggy d44's
stretched 12inches
warn 9500 high speed winch
welded front and rear.
RCI fuel cell.
fully rhino lined tub
231hd t case
Lots of engine mods

i traded my 24ft pontoon boat for this yj 4 years ago. and its been a project since. it started out as a 4.2 carb and automatic jeep. i learned real quick how much i hated it lol, over the years i have removed the 4.2 and installed a Fuel injected 4.0 with complete computer and harness, ive removed the tf999 trans and installed a ax-15 and everything needed for the swap. after wheeling it for a few years i wanted more. so recently i have stretched my yj 12inches , went spring over, and installed waggy d44's . Now i have no shop or anything, ive done all this work by hand tools and in my front yard. everything ive used to build this jeep is all from other jeeps. including 04 grand cherokee, 06 wrangler, 98 grand cherokee, 97 wrangler, 89 wagoneer. and a 95 chevy astro van steering box, when i did this buid i did not want anything custom made, i wanted to have factory parts from other vehicles so its easy to get parts and repair if i broke anything. im almost done with my current swap, im taking it out for its first wheeling trip oct 25th.

before pic

Now pic

Flex pic
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Gage56

1992 YJ 4.0 5speed
CB
Hilift
Kenwood Head Unit
Custom Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights
Custom LED Rock Lights
Custom LED Int Lights
4" RC Lift
33/12.50.15 Grabber AT2's
15x10 RR D-window's
Tj Flairs
Tj Fuel Filler
Led Tails lights
Led Reverse lights
Custom License Plate Mounting
RR Super Sport Seats
Monsta Lined inside tub
Corvette White Paint
Ford 8.8 4:10 waiting to be installed
D30 4:10 Waiting to be installed
SYE & DC Shaft Waiting to be installed
The wife and i had a 1992 YJ in the past it was a great jeep but one mishap on the trail one day took out the motor and that was the end. So we sold it and regretted it ever since
i had a 1994 Bmw 325is that was a great car but just was not what i was looking for and then "Emma" showed up on Craigs List, i found a buyer for the bmw @3800.00 and the next day i went to see her.
The lady selling had her listed for 3500.00 with the bran new lift tires and wheels but after looking over her closely i said im sorry but the best i could offer would be 2400.00 and to my surprise the lady said That's fine so i paid her in cash and was on my way home with my new YJ
Since i got her i took on the task of Rebuilding Ground up including frame, tub, and lots of gutting, cutting, grinding, and welding All was done in the driveway with the most basic of tools and ALOT Of Very Long Days and Nights but still only took about 3weeks to put her all back together. All told She turned out Just the way i wanted and im loving it
I still have a bunch of things i want to get done but it is time i put them off for now and work on them at a later time , I need a Break LOL
The day after i got her home

And Current

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

RAMBO3489

89 YJ
List of Modifications:
-4.2L NP231 (BA/10 originally. AX-15 swapped)
-35" Goodyear MTR/K's
-15" Mickey Thompson Classic 3's
-Moore 5/8" shackles all around
-3.5" BDS springs
-Daystar 1" BL
-Bilstein 12" 5125 shocks
-Russel SS brake lines
-Tom Woods drive shafts
-Advance Adapters SYE
-AX-15 swapped in
-Rebuilt 78 Ford high pinion Dana 44 front Yukon 4.88's
Yukon Zip locker
Yukon chromoly shafts
Big brake kit
-Rebuilt 70 something Ford 9" rear Yukon 4.88's
Yukon full spool
Moser 35 spline chromoly shafts
Yukon third member case
Daytona pinion support
Converted to disc brake
Ballistic pinion guard
-ARB compressor for Zip locker
-Warrior gas tank skid (modified)
-MC2100
-HEI
-4.0 head
-ebay header
-TJ downpipe
-Spin Tech pro street muffler
-Taurus fan
-CS-144 swap
-Brown Dog 1" motor mount lift
-Waggy pitman
-Poison Spyder hood louver
-Cobra CB with 4' Firestik
-Dual Viair 444C compressors
-Rugged Ridge side mirrors
Fabbed/Custom modifications:
-Flat tranny skid
-Boat side rockers
-Engine skid plate
-Rear crossmember/bumper
Storage rack
Integrated On Board Air
2-5 gallon jerry can holders
-Roll bar mounted tire carrier
-Highlined Fenders
-Sound bar
-Storage chest
-Ranger bench seats
-Hand throttle
-Leaf spring plates
-Warrior tank moved up 1" for clearance
-Leaf spring hangers moved for 5" of stretch
-Heim steering linkage
-LED tail lights
-Headlight wiring mod

Brief History/My Story:
I bought her back in 2011 I needed a vehicle that could pull a trailer to my new home half way across the country (Wisconsin to Albuquerque). Basically saw it and wanted nothing more. When I got her the clutch was bad and it ran pretty rough. I rolled her to the garage put it up on blocks and went to work for the next few months. Rebuilt the carb, swapped the 33's for 31's for the drive, played around with all kinds of adjustments, basically to get familiar with what everything does. I remember that first ride after the clutch. MAN that was a memorable experience. Couldn't have been more proud. Drove it around fixing this and that for a month then I found out I had a deal cylinder and another on it's way. (rough start to this relationship) Never thought about selling her though. So I put it up for another two weeks and overhauled the engine. Again had a VERY proud ride after the rebuild. Broke it in for 500 miles said good bye to my Mom and Dad and drove off into my new life. Took my time driving to New Mexico. Was in South Dakota when it started giving me problems. It would not idle at all. Ended up having to put a new manifold gasket on. Slapped on on waited overnight and was on my way.
Once I got to Albuquerque The YJ got put on the back burner. Got a bike and that was my new toy. I was too busy going here of there exploring my new life. But one thing stayed constant through all of that my YJ was right there with me the whole time. Didn't have to do much to it in that year and a half. Over that time my itch grew slowly. Until things became unbearable. I needed to build it. I spent about a year planing things out. Originally I was only going to swap the rear axle to a Ford 9". Well that got out of hand real quick. Before I knew it I had the body off the frame was sitting in the garage drinking a beer thinking what did I get myself into. The swapping the rear idea turned into a whole nother ball game due to a wheel spacer. I order a $80 wheel spacer to match the front D30 to the full width 9" rear thinking I would get two. Only got one. Said **** found a HPD44 for the front and things went down hill from there.
The original frame was rusted up considerably and I got talked into pulling the tub and swapping frames. I then got to preform the fab work I wanted to. Anyways I'm getting too deep into the build aspect here. It took me about 4 months to get her to move under her own power. I did a frame off resto, swapped both axles, rebuilt the AX-15, did all of the fab work myself. Literally lived in a hole for those couple months and spent most weekday nights and all weekend in the garage. But I could NOT be happier with the results. It came out as I had envisioned. And yet again I was overwhelmed with that first ride. I have been adding to it the last 2 months and fixing any issues that arise. And am FINALLY to the point where I feel comfortable entering the YJOTM contest.

Even though I don't currently have a winch. I debated not entering for that exact reason but said "What the H, what's the worst that could happen?" Since I have had her up and wheeling I can comfortably say I have never been more proud of one single thing in my life. I owe most of that to you guys on here that have taught me so much and wanted to just say thanks for helping my accomplish my build.
AND as required bu YJ law the three pics of my choice. (Don't have many seeing as how I've only had it operational for 2-3 months) But here it goes:
The first day I brought her home:
Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Wheeling Tank Trap near Santa Fe:

More or less how she sits today:
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wazzier

1995 Wrangler
Driveline
-2.5L / AX5 (Replaced)
-D30HP, TJ Shafts (Rebuilt)
-D35 Stock
Suspension
-2.5' Skyjacker Heavy Duty Springs
-Skyjacker Hydros
-31'/10.'5 GY Territories
Body
-POR'd Frame/ Full undercarriage/ Lower body
-C&C Fenders
-Poly Bushings Throughout
-Monstalined (Zombie Sunset)
Misc
-48' HighLift (Few Mounting Options)
-Replaced way to many stock components to list..
Fourth YJ.. Had her for a year and a half, built for my weekend adventures. Purrs like a rhino..

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Norcal_chris

Ax5
np231/dana 300 doubler
Triple stick with Cable shifters Home built
Gm 10bolt front axle
Reid racing knuckle
ORD crossover steering arm
ARP studs
Yukon 4340 Chromo shafts
Lockright
2in .250wall tierod and draglink
Bilstien steering stabilizer
Plated diff cover
GM 14bolt rear axle
Bottom shaved and smoothed
Detroit locker
Ruffstuff disc brake brackets
GM 3/4 ton rotors and calipers
ORD braided brake lines
Ruffstuff pinion guard
Plated diff cover
Stock YJ springs SOA in front with added main leaf with relocated shackle hangar
Stock XJ springs SOA rear with added mil wrap main leaf.
Front hangars moved back 3in and frenched into frame
Rear crossmember bumper 1.5x4x.250wall with shackle hangars mounted.
Highlined front tube fenders Home built
Miniboatside 3/16 rock sliders Home built
Front stinger Home built
High clearance tranny mount Home built
3/16 reinforced flat belly skid Home built
1 3/4 x.120 Wall DOM cage Home built
Corbeau Baja SS seats tied to cage
Corbeau 4pt harnesses
York OBA with 2g tank
37x12.5x16.5 Goodyear MTRs grooved front
37x12.5x16.5 Goodyear MTs Grooved rear
Recentered H1 double beadlocks with Pvc inserts
Bilstien 5100 shocks
TJ grill
Stock tank moved up into tub
104in wheelbase.
Warn X8000i
Rockstomper Synthetic 3/8 line
Bought this jeep with a 4.5in lift and 33s almost 2 years ago. It started off slow but has been gaining momentum. I have nicknamed the jeep "Snowball" Sold all of what it had and have been wheeling and dealing ever since. I have under $4000 TOTAL spent including the purchase price of the jeep. Budget build x1000. All of the work was done by me in my driveway. I only get a few hours a week to work on it, so I make it count. I try and wheel as often as I can.

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

zeus87gn

Yes, I have created a monster!
This is Frankenstein, my 87 Wrangler
He earned his name from the first replacement soft top that came with the Jeep
I stitched it together with SS bailing wire the first winter I had him
But he has literaly earned his name as he is put together with parts from across the country
- Rebuilt 4.2l Marshall Engines crate motor from Arkansas, w/3/4" motor mount lift blocks
- Holley 350cfm carb from a Ford 302 that was in a pile of engines
- Custom mfg carb adaptor plate and a stock used intake from another pile (original was warped)
- Team Rush ingition upgrade with the EFI coil and platnum plugs, CJ dist with correct weights
- Electric rad fan conversion using a Buick Grand National radiator fan and custom cut mounting plate
- Water jacket by-passed from intake manifold
- Custom built cold air intake made from various parts new and used - air box is from a TJ with a K&N filter
- AX-15 5-speed I found in New Jersey, Sachs clutch
- 231TC W/SYE rebuilt out of a box of parts from South Carolina
- TW rear CV driveshaft, still working on getting a new front ds
- Corporate 8.25" rear axle from Georgia that was ready to bolt in, rebuilt w/4.10 gears, Detroit TruTrak and Yukon 29spl axles
- D30 front axle from Texas with some unusually large axles, rebuilt w/410 gears and an Aussie Locker, vacuum disconnect
- Skyjacker 4" military wrap springs, thier Nitro series shocks (came with the kit), SS extended brake lines
- MORE 5/8" lift boomerang shackles front and rear and 1.25" body lift
- No sway bar, no trac bars, FlowMaster 40 series dual outlet muffler - exits to the rear corners
- Wiring harness has been repaired/replaced as needed for lighting, 'Nutter' bypass, radio, team rush coil, headlight relay, etc
- Panasonic 50Wx4 head unit that has never skipped
- Rockford Fosgate 6x9 3ways in rear pods
- Boston Acoustic front 4 speaker crossover system, 6" mids in front floor pod and the piezo tweeters in the dash
- Hard doors from a 92 that was suposedly flipped over by Andre the Giant at a WWF event in Atlanta Ga some years ago
- Supertop complete replacement top, Rugged Ridge standard replacement front seats, no rear seat
- Mickey Thompson Classic IIs in 17" with MT ATZ LT305/65R17 (33x12.5R17)
- Smittybuilt front brush guard with original KC daylighters, sealed beam 150W/ea
- Rugged Rudge rear bumper with swingout tire carrier
Only original parts left are the frame, body, dash and some of the gauges, radiator, exhaust manifold, flywheel and about 1/3 of the wiring harness
I bought Frankie in 98 with 140k miles and have been keeping it going ever since - Presently mileage is at 267k+
I get out to go wheeling every once in a while, but no pics there yet - He is mostly my DD
Two of my sons have helped me most of the way and learned something too
Future plans include: - replacement fender flares, home brew side steps, rear cargo storage and PAINT!
Back shortly after I got him

As he sits now

Engine
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

SSYJ94

1994 YJ
suspension:
100" wheelbase
Custom front 3link w/12" fox co's
Custom rear 4link w/12" fox co's
All using creeper joints/ruffstuff heims
Front axle:
89 waggy 44 4.10's w/arb yukon shafts and excalibur joints. 3/4" heim steering, poly truss and ruffstuff diff cover
Rear axle:
97 shaved explorer 8.8 4.10's detroit, dutchman 6lug shafts, ucf truss/cover, 1.5" wheelspacers
motor/trans/transfer case:
4.0/ax15/4.3 atlas
Other:
AtoZ cage, corbeau seats, raised genright comp tank, homemade 3/8"belly and 2x3 sliders, PS hood louver, tj flares, plated frame.
Tires: 35" maxxis creepys
I've owned this jeep for over 14 years since it was bone stock. There have been alot of changes and tons of broken parts as it evolved to the jeep you see here. The jeep will roll down the highway and keeps up with the buggy's. Future plans are airbumps, lots of tuning, new clutch and more cage tie ins.

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tom95YJ

-1989 YJ Islander edition (The Smurf)
-Nuttered Carter BBD, Flush Mount Led Tails, Led interior gauges, TJ Flares, TJ Grizzly wheels
- Boght it not running at the time for a Father Son Project.

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ashland82391

1993 jeep yj
Specs
2.5l
ax5
Np231j
4.10 gears
Dana 30hp
Ford 8.8 LSD
Mods
3.5" suspension lift with 1.25" shackles
33" rocky mountain falkin tires
Tj Dana 30 one piece shafts
1.5" wheel spacers
custom tube fenders
custom blazer tire carrier
2006 grand prix bucket seats
tj rear flares
Tj sound bar
electric fan
WP winch mount, grill hoop, stinger combo
100w kc lights
Badlands 12,000lbs winch
high lift mounted on tire carrier
100$ role on paint job
Full soft bestop supertop doors and soft top
History
I bought the YJ back in 2011 thinking it was going to be a mild fixer upper, well, I was wrong. Not knowing anything about vehicles I thought it would be a few spark plugs here, some bondo and paint there. I soon realized it wad not going to be so easy. I found jeepforum and away I went. Reading as much as I could on here and with a lot of trial and error, I made it work. Two years later I know this YJ like the top of my foot. :-)

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

AmmitOsiris

Hey everyone IM AmmitOsiris, AKA Jake the snake And this is my 1990 yj that has been dubbed Jack Wagon

Sorry for the long winded post in advance. I have done majority of the work either by me or with my brothers help.
she is and will always be a work in progress, specs:
4.2L L6 with compcam 260h cam with a pacesetter header and flowmaster muffler, sounds like a mini v8 at idle.. Not so much driving...
AX15 tranny
some 33x12.5x15 goodyear mtrk/k on a 15x8 wheel with 2.5 inches of backspacing
Smittybilt xrc bumper special thanks to canman
I have a spice colored bikini, windjammer, and duster
Gray hardtop
Full doors
Rustys offroad tierod conversion kit
2.5"ome lift
1" daystar kit
1" lift shackles, thanks to canman
Blue and red paint job.
Has an alpine deck with some 300 w max boss amp an xcursion audio 10 and 2 little Boston acoustic dash speakers, that may be blown..
All radio stuff but the actual radio was free.
And has a cobra 29 LCD lx cb in it. Kinda reminds of a futuristic radio
And has a mile marker 9.5k lb winch on the front,
Hi lift is in the garage, as well with other items.
2 KC day lighters
An advanced adapters sye and Cherokee front shaft cut to fit.
I will be adding lights and some other goodies here and there like a custom center console, oh and don't forget the 8.8 and upgrade to 4.10's .
My jeep and I have been through a lot, I first came into contact with it 5 years before I actually got it, when I first saw it is when we were buying my mom cats, it was just sitting there and in the middle of 2 foot tall weeds, well fast forward to the year I got my jeep, I had asked the people to keep my 4-h animals there and they agreed and that is when I started getting more interested in it, she was sitting there all stock except for the old d-window steelies and rotten discoverer a/t's all blue and i loved it. Well my parents played this cruel trick on me saying I was getting my dads ranger for my first car.. I was like damn it.. Oh well, so I priced out upgrades for the ranger and then we get to the day of my birthday and we were all happy and my dad gave me the keys to the ranger and he told me to go into the garage.. So I did.. And there in that spot laid the jeep, well I drive it for about a year and my brakes had failed on me and i rear ended a Nissan not going fast( the origin of the red and blue paint scheme btw) but it messed the jeep up royally, well since then I've done a lot of work to it such as suspension work, new tires, better sound system, bumper and winch and top end rebuild of the engine.
Well here she is in all her mental glory

And givin a stocker a little love
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Carlos14

-1990 YJ
Specifications And Modifications:
-2.5l 4cyl. 140,000 original miles.
-Regeared to 4.56 front and rear.
-3.5" Superlift Hd springs
-33" Mickey Thompson's
-home brew rocker guards w/tube steps
-Poison Spyder Hood Louvers
-Poison Spyder D30 Bumbshell Diff Cover
-Illumination LEDs 50" LED light bar
-Illumination LEDs 12" bar
-Illumination LEDs p4 and P6 pods
-Illumination LEDs rock lights
-new front bumper in the mail.
-smittybilt soft top w/ tinted windows
-rhino lined inside tub
-Cb killed by last rain storm.
-Spiderweb Shades setup
-Smittybilt rear tube flares
-Smittybilt knock off front tube fenders
-Rugged Ridge 8,500lb winch

Brief History:
Bought this almost stock after selling my XJ. Knew it wouldn't stay that way long. Started with a shackle lift and then found the forum and started my build thread, A Teenager With a Dream. Got rid of the shackle lift and kept up the build on a high school/college budget up to now. Learning the whole way. Future plans consist of a cage build, engine swap, 8.8 swap and front and rear lockers.
The beginning

The now:

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

UGH WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SO HARD ?

OK There are 3 Rigs I want to pick and I do not know who to pick.

I will choose my winner depending on the Winner of a Paper Rock Scissors Tournament
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Voted
rogerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
jawasan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

All very nice rigs! Good luck.
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.