Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

NV241OR swap or Teralow

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  gottkts 
#1 ·
Has anyone done the swap. I did some searching but cant find much for a yj. I just want to get a idea of what is involved. I have read about the speedometer and the linkage but thought i read about the case being bigger so is it going to hit the skid plate or not. Please give some insight

#2 ·
It is a bit bigger and the 2 people ive talked to that did this said they were forced to do some work to get the clearance but was easy enough. I like the novak linkage. All in all the cost difference would make the choice for me. While the 241or is probably a little more heavy duty of a case over all, the teralow kits have proven themselves to be reliable. Either is a good option IMO.

#3 ·
I'd jump over a teralow kit to get to the factory 241 0R, and deal with the size and speedo issues. Put them side by side, and I would not hesitate for a second, everytime I'd choose the same, the 241 0R. That's just me. I looked into this a little while back and factored in the price of the teralow, the fact that the kit is expensive, does not come with an sye, unless maybe you option for one on a whole case, the 231 case is not as good as the 241. if you have a teralow kit, great. But, there is no denying in my mind the 241 is a superior case. That's just me. I am not disagreeing that both have proven, but, again, factor in what you can get a good 241 0R for price-wise, and the end pricing in a teralow setup..and which is better as an end result on top of that. Bottom line, the 241 is better, and will probably be cheaper as an end result.
If you are really considering this..I would also strongly consider jumping over both those options and go for a Dana 300 with a flip kit. Its shorter by approx 4 inches than either of the above cases even with an sye, and its a twin stick, gear to gear reduction case, and competitively priced, and you can get a speedo adapter with that setup. The Dana 300 is one of the best cases ever made.

#5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, my uncle is about to get a sye and driveshaft so I am thinking about selling him mine and picking up the NV241OR. I can get one for the price of the teralow kit so that will probably be the way I go.

#7 ·
I have the Tera low. It's great, but if I were starting from scratch, I go with an Atlas 5.0 box.
and just off the top of my head, I believe the D300 can upgrade to a 4-1 kit also.

WRM

#9 ·
Yea for the price of the 4-1 kit for the 300 or the 231 I can get the 241OR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.