Nutter then issues. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Nutter then issues.

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 04-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
UserX

Nutter then issues.

So I did the nutter today. Adjusted the timing. To 8*. Jeep starts an runs fine. Now...it wasnt doing this before. When accelerating from a cruise at wot. It bogs and then backfires like crazy. Now, when I brought the timing to 8 after the bypass, it was wayyyyyy advanced. What would cause this? Jeep members what say you?

*edit - I have a empi 32/36 degree carb an intake. 4.2l

UserX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Is the vacuum advance connected to ported vacuum and did you time it at normal curb idle?
Unread 04-11-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
UserX

i looked and no. But the ported vaccum fitting on the carb has no hole. Can I change them? Does tht little bugger just unscrew?
Unread 04-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
4LarXedo4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i'm not familiar with the weber, but one of my vac hoses for the vacuum advance fell off and did exactly what yours is doing. you need to find a way to hook up your distributor to a ported line before you go driving again. If you have EGR still you could tap into that as that should be a ported vac line
4LarXedo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
UserX

Update: Pulled the carb and unscrewed the cap off the port next to the Vacuum Advance. Re-assembled the carb and started. Checked the port for vacuum. There is vacuum there. So I just picked up some vacuum hose and am heading back to the house to see if that was the issue all though I am sure thats what it is.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.