nutter, rush and carb question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > nutter, rush and carb question.

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 04-11-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

nutter, rush and carb question.

I am planning on dumping the Carter BBD for a Weber 38 DGES. I also intend to do the Nutter Bypass and Team Rush. What I need to know is, since I am replacing the carb do I have to do all the upgrades at once or can I space them out? I was gonna replace carb one weekend, then maybe do the Nutter another weekend and finish it up with the Rush upgrade another weekend. I figured maybe Rush could wait but that I would probably have to Nutter the same time I replace the carb because of the computer. It would be easier for me to space the upgrades out but I didn't know if I could drive the Jeep with the new carb until I did the Nutter? Would appreciate any insight on this. Also, when I do the Nutter, can I completely remove the computer unit or does it need to stay under the dash? Thanks in advance for your help.

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Yankee-Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee-Juliet View Post
I am planning on dumping the Carter BBD for a Weber 38 DGES. I also intend to do the Nutter Bypass and Team Rush. What I need to know is, since I am replacing the carb do I have to do all the upgrades at once or can I space them out? I was gonna replace carb one weekend, then maybe do the Nutter another weekend and finish it up with the Rush upgrade another weekend. I figured maybe Rush could wait but that I would probably have to Nutter the same time I replace the carb because of the computer. It would be easier for me to space the upgrades out but I didn't know if I could drive the Jeep with the new carb until I did the Nutter? Would appreciate any insight on this. Also, when I do the Nutter, can I completely remove the computer unit or does it need to stay under the dash? Thanks in advance for your help.
I would do the carter last. Do, the nutter, make sure you have it running right, check your timing, then once you are happy, do the teamrush. After everything is stabilized, do your carb swap. I have the exact same engine as you and I have the weber 38 DGES, so if I can help, post on the board, I check in a good bit.

The nutter takes like 15 minutes. Teamrush doesn't take that long either, an hour tops.
Unread 04-11-2010, 08:46 AM   #3
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the reply monkeyhouse. If Nutter is that quick then I may do carb and Nutter at same time. Do you like the 38 DGES?

"Dog-gone it Roy-Jean, how many times do I have to explain it to ya, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I MEAN A ROCK!!" ~ C.W. McCall
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Thanks for the reply monkeyhouse. If Nutter is that quick then I may do carb and Nutter at same time. Do you like the 38 DGES?
No I love it. I actually did the nutter first and then did a rebuild on my carter, then decided I wanted the weber. Once I put it in, it was like I had a new jeep. I mean wow, the power I was getting. I did the teamrush afterward. There is a very goo thread on the weber install, give it a read.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/w...ite-up-382309/

Here's a good link on cleaning up the vacuum mess:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/v...14/index2.html

In case you don't have them here are two great threads for the nutter and teamrush respectively:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ho...bypass-522262/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/i-...nitive-669495/
Unread 04-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Great info!! Thanks monkeyhouse! I am really looking forward to this, probably be a few weeks though, waiting on tax return. Thanks again.

Unread 04-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

One more question, did you remove the computer or just leave it under the dash?

Unread 04-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
One more question, did you remove the computer or just leave it under the dash?
Mine is still there.
Unread 04-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Yankee-Juliet
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Great, thanks again!

Tags
carburetor , nutter , rush , upgrade

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.