nutter,didnt retime or move stepper needles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > nutter,didnt retime or move stepper needles

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
steveluddy
1988 YJ Wrangler 

nutter,didnt retime or move stepper needles

hi people
did the nutter without moving stepper needles or advancing timing. the jeep runs great now.why do i need to do this.ideling at 700 rpm and no skip or whatever happens all the way to 4000 rpms

steveluddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

maybe it was screwed up before....LOL.....

mine would not even start without adjusting the timing

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
4LarXedo4
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I nuttered mine after a carb swap and without adjusting the timing it would start and run seemingly "ok". After i put the timing light on it, it was around 0 degree's, so i adjusted it to 8 and and ran much nicer.

why don't you just put the timing light on it to see where it is, everything may "seem" ok, but after running for awhile with the timing off you may damage something. couldn't hurt to check it, unless your absolutely ok with not knowing what your timing is.
4LarXedo4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.