Nutter bypass with weber 32/36 carb help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
pge27
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nutter bypass with weber 32/36 carb help

I just recently bought a 90YJ. I'm completely new to the jeep world so I'm needing some help. The Jeep has a 32/36 weber on it and everything else is completely stock all the way back to what looks like the original exhaust. Jeep has 206k on the clock so a lot has got to go. Here is what I've done so far.
Replaced: cap & rotor, plugs, wires, thermostat, heater core, blower (from blazer), valve cover gasket, and the catalytic convertor. I've also done the "nutter bypass" on her. But, as of now, I'm lost as to what vaccuum lines I need to keep and what I can toss. I do have to run emissions testing, but it's just the sniffer....no visual. It did, just barely, fail emissions testing on my first attempt. But that was on the way home from picking it up. It was running rough and rich. My questions are.....
What vaccuum lines can I lose and where do they actually hook up? (most were dryrotted and or missing)
Can I lose the lines that go from the aircleaner to the convertor? (forgot what its called)

Probably gonna rebuild the weber. Any advice on different jets and where the best place is to buy a rebuild kit?
All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The only vacum lines that are needed are the ones for the advance ( a ported off carb)and to the vacume for the diconnect one the front axle.

yes you loss the air preheator just cap it off (egr)

A 89 yj with a 4.0 aw4 sye out of an 92xj. Now the hard part is done time to get it up in the air just a bit. Working on 8.8 with 3.73 and lsd for the rear. and new D30 hp with 3.73 .
For those who have not figured this out I'm old school but can handle the new too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
pge27
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
The only vacum lines that are needed are the ones for the advance ( a ported off carb)and to the vacume for the diconnect one the front axle.

yes you loss the air preheator just cap it off (egr)
So I cap off everything at the canister too?

post #4 of 7 Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
pge27
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone?????
post #5 of 7 Old 02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
laffman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

This should help alot with the vacuum lines to the Weber. You can lose all the other vacuum lines.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/weber-32-36-install-write-up-382309/

ElvisV04290 is very helpful if you need to ask questions. I kept my canister and EGR connected. There is a good diagram in that write up.

1990 Jeep YJ Laredo 4.2 I-6
2010 Jeep JK Islander 3.8 V-6
1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler 304 V-8
post #6 of 7 Old 02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Fjguercio
Web Wheeler
1978 CJ7 

Here is a write up on the Weber Tune & Jet change.
There are some excellent tune up write up links and link for spark plug reading
There is also a great link for the nutter bypass with pics

There is another link for the clean up for the engine bay... if not smog tested... can remove everthing except the PCV, Power Brake, Distributor Advance. You will have to evaluate some of your newer sensors and auto trans have a few sensors that are kept I believe. I stripped everthing on my CJ

Sorry you just did tune up parts.... Hope you saw the TEAMRUSH upgraded parts for bigger cap/rotar with brass parts. If not you still might want to. There is link for that also.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/weber-34-dgec-carb-too-rich-jets-tune-jeep-4-2-258-a-631105/

Regards,
Fred
post #7 of 7 Old 02-15-2009, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
pge27
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all of the replies. As of now, I'm just trying to get her back up to par and past emissions. Wanna get a DD out of her so that I can park the Stang for a while.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.