np231 question? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > np231 question?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
rtillery34
1987 YJ Wrangler 

np231 question?

The np231 can only be attached to the dreaded ba10/5 one way...right? In other words it cant be clocked wrong? The studs only seem to a line one way. Im in the middle of reassembling my transmissions/t-case and dont want to get it together and under the jeep and its clocked wrong! Thanks for the input!!!

rtillery34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

If its wrong, its way wrong
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtillery34 View Post
The np231 can only be attached to the dreaded ba10/5 one way...right? In other words it cant be clocked wrong? The studs only seem to a line one way. Im in the middle of reassembling my transmissions/t-case and dont want to get it together and under the jeep and its clocked wrong! Thanks for the input!!!
I just swapped in an NP231 AMC last weekend on my Jeep. The clocking is perfect on the TC I used. I had to remove one of the mounting studs on the face of the TC though because my BA10 only used 5 mounting holes to tie the tranny and TC together.

EDIT: When I installed the TC, it was almost parallel to the belly pan. If your TC is almost parallel to the ground, you should be OK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Mean Max created Chuck Norris with some spare parts, two trac bars and some differential fluid.
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

the 231 your putting in came from the same jeep? If it didn't then you might have a Cherokee 231?

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark05059 View Post
the 231 your putting in came from the same jeep? If it didn't then you might have a Cherokee 231?
I think mine came from a Cherokee as well. I had read that they would require a clocking ring, but this one did not. Now I am not 100% sure, but I am betting mine was a Cherokee TC simply because it says NP231 AMC and the manufacture year was '88.
Quote:
Mean Max created Chuck Norris with some spare parts, two trac bars and some differential fluid.
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtillery34 View Post
Also, you can buy clocking rings that clock up and down. So make sure you have the correct ring for your application, if you are using a clocking ring.
Quote:
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepguy85 View Post
Also, you can buy clocking rings that clock up and down. So make sure you have the correct ring for your application, if you are using a clocking ring.
I thought it was the same ring?... up or down just depends on how you line up the holes in the ring
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanB95YJ View Post
I thought it was the same ring?... up or down just depends on how you line up the holes in the ring
Some do, some don't. I looked at one that they wanted to know if you were doing a driver/passenger drop and also clocking up/down for the application. I was just bringing it up so the OP didn't inadvertently buy the wrong one. Like I said though, mine went on without one.
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.