Np207 and np233 compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Np207 and np233 compatibility

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
sbaucom
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Np207 and np233 compatibility

I have an np207 transfer case that's gone bad. Not sure what the gear is called but it's a big gear, with three small gears inside it .. This inside part it stripped. I also believe that the forks are bad. I was wondering if I could pull the guts out of an np233 and put those in it to make it work.

If not can I use the np233 case instead? There are guides to convert one of these into a manual shift .

is there any way possible I can make eithor of these work? Using parts from both.

I realize that the way the np233 bolts to the transmission is different, could I use the front half of the np207 so that it bolts on the same?

Also what kind of wiring would I have to do to make it work?

And one more question .. On top of the np207, is that just a vent line or is it a vacuum line that goes to something? I recently put a motor and tranny into my 87 yj and the transfer case is the only thing I'm having problems with

I also have access to a np241 if I need to use parts from it.

Thanks a ton!! Hoping that there is a professional on transfer cases on this forum haha

sbaucom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Novack will give you a bunch of info:
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...on_gateway.htm

IDK but you can definitely call them and they will help.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

get rid of the electric shifted transfer case and get a 231 out of a cherokee.. either that or see if the scrap yard will swap with you.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.