Np207 and np233 compatibility - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Np207 and np233 compatibility

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
sbaucom
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Np207 and np233 compatibility

I have an np207 transfer case that's gone bad. Not sure what the gear is called but it's a big gear, with three small gears inside it .. This inside part it stripped. I also believe that the forks are bad. I was wondering if I could pull the guts out of an np233 and put those in it to make it work.

If not can I use the np233 case instead? There are guides to convert one of these into a manual shift .

is there any way possible I can make eithor of these work? Using parts from both.

I realize that the way the np233 bolts to the transmission is different, could I use the front half of the np207 so that it bolts on the same?

Also what kind of wiring would I have to do to make it work?

And one more question .. On top of the np207, is that just a vent line or is it a vacuum line that goes to something? I recently put a motor and tranny into my 87 yj and the transfer case is the only thing I'm having problems with

I also have access to a np241 if I need to use parts from it.

Thanks a ton!! Hoping that there is a professional on transfer cases on this forum haha

sbaucom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Novack will give you a bunch of info:
http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge...on_gateway.htm

IDK but you can definitely call them and they will help.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

get rid of the electric shifted transfer case and get a 231 out of a cherokee.. either that or see if the scrap yard will swap with you.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
np231 , transfer case , yj wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.