Now I'm ready to ride in the PR parade.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Now I'm ready to ride in the PR parade....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #1
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Now I'm ready to ride in the PR parade....

Just put my full doors on.....black body, tan top and teal doors, hehe! Will be painting both the doors and the top black so eventually it won't stand out so much.

Have some fitment issues with the doors. The striker on the driver's side is way low. On the passenger side, the striker lines up perfectly but the door frame doesn't follow the curve of the hardtop. It's almost as if the door needs to be rotated up in a clockwise direction just a bit. Maybe an adjustment of the hinge will take care of it. Both doors are closed though so I can finally leave the tarp off. Hopefully the rain stops sometime this week and I can try and work these problems out.

img_0058.jpg  

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
wolf3902

Looks like you've got a new"fassion statement" thing goin on.
I bet the chicks will love it!!
Hey, at least you got a hard top. Wish I could afford one.

ONE NATION, UNDER G O D
Support It, or Leave It!
wolf3902 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Hey! Before you go painting that top... I would be willing to trade you a top that I have plus some $$ for yours... (I want to get a tan top without fixing mine up)

Mine is from (AFAIK) an 89 Wrangler, it's tan, but it's flaking off, so a bunch of it is black, has a sunroof and it has a crack in the back, drivers corner. The crack was patched on the inside, but needs a little bit of work on the outside (or maybe not... it doesn't leak)

Here are some pictures of it from the guy I bought it off of (it's been sitting in my bottom garage since I pulled it off the truck):

Unread 10-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf3902
Looks like you've got a new"fassion statement" thing goin on.
I bet the chicks will love it!!
Hehe, it's pretty damn goofy looking, but you're right, I'll be alot warmer this winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTuffGuy
Hey! Before you go painting that top... I would be willing to trade you a top that I have plus some $$ for yours... (I want to get a tan top without fixing mine up)
Thanks but I'll stick with what I have. There are actually alot of bare/bad spots on the top that are gonna get covered up when I Rhino it. I had to fill a holes on both sides where a roof rack once mounted. And I just put out some money and spent a good bit of time repainting the inside. No idea if the defroster works though...but I don't have the harness/plug/switch for it anyway. Doesn't have a wiper either.

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2005, 11:38 AM   #5
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Figured I'd try anyways...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.