Not so Tuffy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Not so Tuffy

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
Dwarf
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Not so Tuffy

My lock malfunctioned on my Tuffy center console. 1 hammer, 1 screwdriver, 7 whacks and I'm in. Now that I know how to do it, I could get in by 3 whacks I figure.

They are good to deter a casual thief - but don't over-rely on it.

Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post
My lock malfunctioned on my Tuffy center console. 1 hammer, 1 screwdriver, 7 whacks and I'm in. Now that I know how to do it, I could get in by 3 whacks I figure.

They are good to deter a casual thief - but don't over-rely on it.
Anything can be broken into by a determined thief. If they are carrying burglary tools with them, it adds a charge to the crime... That is if me and Mr. 9mm don't catch them first .

That being said, I love my Tuffy products and feel they offer a decent amount of security for what they are.
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I like Mr 40 myself.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I like Mr 40 myself.
Actually my CCW is a .357 Sig... , I wish I could carry Mr. 10mm but hes just too bulky.
Unread 03-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

I like my Mr. 40 as well, but I wouldn't shoot someone just for breaking into my Jeep. I would however proceed to beat the living crap out of him..
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ93 View Post
I like my Mr. 40 as well, but I wouldn't shoot someone just for breaking into my Jeep. I would however proceed to beat the living crap out of him..
But he would be holding a hammer and screwdriver, both deadly weapons, so it be justified
Unread 03-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #7
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

True enough
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
spjewell
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Who would break into a YJ? That would make a pretty dumb thief, they should know we put all of our money into the jeep and have nothing else to show for it...
spjewell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
88_olympic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spjewell View Post
Who would break into a YJ? That would make a pretty dumb thief, they should know we put all of our money into the jeep and have nothing else to show for it...
I have no locks. Just the front glove box lock. I never leave anything in the heep. In fact i once chained it to an oak tree in a not so great part of town. My efforts did not stop someone from slashing every window and part of the top while parked in my own driveway in highschool. Some people are just hateful
88_olympic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #10
spjewell
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I thought it was funny that my soft half doors came with locks on them. I also removed the hood lock because it is a pain in the *** to remember to remove the key every time you break down. As stated before it is a YJ... so that's pretty often.
spjewell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #11
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88_olympic View Post
I have no locks. Just the front glove box lock. I never leave anything in the heep. In fact i once chained it to an oak tree in a not so great part of town. My efforts did not stop someone from slashing every window and part of the top while parked in my own driveway in highschool. Some people are just hateful
Ex girlfriend perhaps? I know a few women that still hate my guts, but I did not own a Jeep in highschool either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Mean Max created Chuck Norris with some spare parts, two trac bars and some differential fluid.
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
langwilliams
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I keep a .357 rossi in my car since it locks correctly an has an alarm guess I won't be doing that with the yj, gotta put the sig in the holster.
langwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.