NOS/replica OEM Vinyl seat? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > NOS/replica OEM Vinyl seat?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

NOS/replica OEM Vinyl seat?

I have a 88 with the grey vinyl seats that say Jeep on them. My driver's seat is starting to show its age after 173k miles and 25 years. The stitching in the seat bottom is starting to separate and there is a rip in the left seat bottom bolster. My passenger seat looks almost new with only one spot on it and the back seat looks almost new with only one spot on it

I checked on Quadratec but did not see any seats that had the same pattern on them. I would like all three seats in my Jeep to match, but don't want to replace two perfectly good seats. I also like the factory original interior. So is there anyway to get the factory seat or even just the vinyl? Before anyone suggests it I hate seat covers. I have been looking on CL but all of the Wranglers are either no seats or no driver's seat, and there are no Wranglers in local junk yards. It also does not help that 95% of YJ's are beat like a red headed step child and left top down rain or shine to fill up with water and rust out/destroy the interior.

Not my Jeep but same seats.
http://image.jpmagazine.com/f/343181...ront_seats.jpg

Unread 04-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...driveLine=7415
heres a link to the upholstery they might have yours.

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #3
hdfxrs91
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'd love to find the original driver's seat. My passenger is still original, just like the picture, but in black. Unfortunately, the PO replaced the driver's seat and threw away the original. I went to a local upholsterer, but he told me he would not be able to find that pattern.
hdfxrs91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadyrob View Post
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...driveLine=7415
heres a link to the upholstery they might have yours.
Thanks for the link, do you have any idea on how to read it?

I am assuming the ones I want are:

For the bottom: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/.../5AH90JS1.html

Then they only have the right side for the back, where I would need the left?
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/.../5AS52JS1.html

Maybe I will try my outrageously priced dealer ship.
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
blown50
1987 YJ Wrangler 

A little pricey, but if its what u want! Been thinking of doing mine as I like the original seats, and mine are showing a little wear

image-684512951.jpg
blown50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #6
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That is almost exactly what I want, the only problem is those seats do not say jeep on them. I am guessing due to copy right crap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.