No start issue resolved!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > No start issue resolved!!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
goinggonzo92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No start issue resolved!!!

Ok so I posted a No start problem Ive had for the last couple of months and couldnt believe how simple the fix was. I had problems with my jeep shutting off on its own from time to time for a couple of months until the last time it just finally died on me for good. I changed the distributor out and still no luck, the next thing I was thinking was the CPS but before I went out and spent more money on that I took a little more time to check for any loose connections or something that simple and found nothing. I went ahead and tried to start it one more time for ****s and giggles and the difference this time before prior starts I kept my foot on the gas peddle as I turned the key and it started right up. When I took my foot off the peddle it shut off again. So it would only turn over when I kept my foot on the gas. Took a minute to think about that and found a fuse in the panel under the hood marked (Fuel system regulator)....something like that and pulled the fuse and found corrosion on the terminals, so I cleaned them up real good with a wire brush plugged it back in and sure enough started right up without having to hold the gas peddle anymore!!....Drove me nuts but just glad it was a cheap quick fix other than a new distributor. I hope this will give someone something to check for if they are having the same problem and keep them from pulling there hair out. Thanks

goinggonzo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
jeff_in_rc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Good for you! Did you post your results in your original post?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.