no start, brake lights didn't work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > no start, brake lights didn't work

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
njmrenegade
1993 YJ Wrangler 

no start, brake lights didn't work

last night after a movie it was about 10*C and we get in the jeep, i turned the key and got the dash lights on but no start, this happened before and everything electrical worked, so last time i pushed the brake and it started after that, i tried that again last night and there was alot of resistance and the brake lights didn't work, anyone know what the hell is going on?

njmrenegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Hard to say with your description. Does you CEL lamp come on when the ignition is first turned on before going to start when this problem presents it'self?
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
njmrenegade
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
Hard to say with your description. Does you CEL lamp come on when the ignition is first turned on before going to start when this problem presents it'self?
i can't remember if the light came on before or after, i should have ran a code, is there any other things you would need to tell what the problem is
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
idaholtby
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well,.. Check and pay attention to the CEL lamp the next time you try to start when this problem occurs. If the CEL does not light with the ignition turned on before you go to start, then you likely have bad capacitors in your ecm (don't fret, it is easily repaired for $5bucks if this is the case). You need to rule this out before looking elsewhere.
idaholtby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
njmrenegade
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ok ill try to remember that, thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.