Got the distributor off with a distributor wrench that I picked up on the way home today. The root cause of my issue was the camshaft position sensor was corroded and physically broken. It doesn't appear that my bad jump start was related to this ignition failure (thank goodness!)
Started up on the first try after the install. I feel great. I learned a TON of new stuff. Thank you everyone for your help along the way!
If anyone has questions about anything I did, or would like to see photos of the distributor removed etc (I took a bunch of photos), please don't hesitate to ask.
I really hope this thread helps someone else down the road.
Signing off, until my next post! Thanks again!