no spark no fuel pump..... im getting ready to sell this pig. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > no spark no fuel pump..... im getting ready to sell this pig.

2011-2014 Jeep JK Wrangler Tuning now available on SuperchSteinjager TJ tube doorsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
Jstout724
1990 YJ Wrangler 

yea in the haynes it says engine at normal op temp for test#1 above i have no idea it has to be or not, so i posted what manual said... and im not sure if its the same renix sensor or not so the voltage could vary a little bit, just a heads up before you by another sensor if was replaced recently

Jstout724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #17
MurtleDaTurtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It's your ECU bro happened to me three years ago. all you need is a 10mm socket and 120 bucks. AUTOCOMP EXCHANGE. I replaced fuel pump realy ignition switch coil before that. the ecu is right behind you windsheild washer fluid res. two minutes its out. I called the company they explained to me that the pump and ignition are turned on by the comp and what happens over the common span of ten years is the silacone dries out water gets in it causing the resister to rust and leak like battery acid to the point were your seatbelt buzzer just goes of and radio work witch runs from it's own power source. Replaced three years ago.The company is out of davie florida.
LOL now i have a realy clean tank and extra coil. Same thing happend to my 91 f150 but the comp smoked and was only 80 bucks.
MurtleDaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #18
Jstout724
1990 YJ Wrangler 

any update on this? I hope it was the fuse.
Jstout724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #19
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstout724 View Post
any update on this? I hope it was the fuse.
I followed the instructions given lol....i went back to the corner i left it at. at night i could actually see the spark.....it was the fuel pump....getting a fuel pump for a 91 2.5 multiport fuel injection is a mofo.....just sayin...

running like a dream....
riverhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
MurtleDaTurtle
1995 YJ Wrangler 

good lol
MurtleDaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
JordanW
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverhippy View Post
I followed the instructions given lol....i went back to the corner i left it at. at night i could actually see the spark.....it was the fuel pump....getting a fuel pump for a 91 2.5 multiport fuel injection is a mofo.....just sayin...

running like a dream....
Hey Riverhippy,

When you say at night you could see the spark, during the daylight could you not see it? The reason I'm asking is I have a 01 TJ 4.0 with same issues, no pump priming, just cranking. Pulled coil pack and plug and saw no spark yet I did get shocked some when I bumped my finger on it while it was being cranked. Also, no fuel pressure obviously and no spark I'm thinking. Next step is testing the power lead to the PCM and then the cps connection. Do you know if its true that if CPS goes out, it will prevent both fuel and spark?

Thanks,
JordanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Jordan you have a TJ and the electrical is very different from the YJ. It sounds like you have either a bad fuse or a bad cam sensor. You have OBD II on yours I would start by checking the fuses and seeing what codes are set. Also try switching your ASD relay with the horn and same with the fuel pump. Try and repost to a new thread on the TJ forum section. They will probably be better help.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #23
JordanW
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help man.
JordanW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical issue , girls , hot chick , puke goat help , tits

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.